Book Chat for The Shock Doctrine Coming Soon!

Day and time is TBD, but you can start reading now!

Book: The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein. Read pdf for free, or order online to support her work if you can, or listen to the audio version.

When: TBD (likely beginning of July)
Where: Your computer or phone (Zoom meeting link tbd)
Discussion Focus:

• The Introduction (through page 21 of the physical book)

• Part I: “Two Doctor Shocks: Research and Development” (through page 71 of the physical book)

We’ll each read on our own, and then hop on a call (video optional) to talk about it. Please respond here if you plan to join us. RSVP is not required, but we would love to know who is going to join us and meet you ahead of time if possible. :hugs:

Watch clips from our last Community Chat!

About the book:

Naomi Klein explodes the myth that the global free market triumphed democratically. Exposing the thinking, the money trail and the puppet strings behind the world-changing crises and wars of the last four decades, The Shock Doctrine is the gripping story of how America’s “free market” policies have come to dominate the world-- through the exploitation of disaster-shocked people and countries. Read more

2 Likes

It came today

1 Like

Just watched the clips

1 Like

:joy: :joy: There she is!

I got the audiobook and plan to participate

2 Likes

Gooooood! I’m glad you’re gonna do it. :clap:

Got my book!!! Kinda bummed I lost my 1st one with all its highlights but it may be better to start with a fresh perspective. Looking forward to diving in.

1 Like

I’m on page 5 and I’m pissed off already

1 Like

Your book has a hole in it just like mine. LOL

1 Like

:rofl: I actually looked

1 Like

Right! Just wait…

I’m on page 31 now

1 Like

It’s all I could do to get through the Introduction because I got so angry! Hope I can manage to get through the rest with out blowing up!

1 Like

Me too I was pissed on page 5

1 Like