Book Chat Friday, October 29, 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT

:books: We’re reading the book: The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein, and we welcome all newcomers!

Our discussion will focus on part 7: “The Movable Green Zone: Buffer Zones and Blast Walls," and the “Conclusion.” We’re finishing the book!

For those new to our chats, we read independently and then hop onto a Zoom conference call to talk about it. Details for how to call in are below.

RSVP is not required, but we would love to know who is going to join us. Simply respond to this post.

Read the pdf for free , or order online to support Klein’s work if you can.

:calendar:When: Friday, Oct 29, @ 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT
:iphone:Call Info: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Meeting ID: 869 3306 7194
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/k9MZ9OkBf

:video_camera:Watch clips from our previous Community chats.

1 Like

Interested in being there! Let’s see if I can get it read in time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you join us! No pressure to catch up. It’s a big book. Many of us are all over the place in terms of how far along we are, but we still have very interesting and helpful conversations.

Hey there lovelies - I don’t have everyone’s handle so some are missing, but wanted to let you know that I can’t make our book chat next Friday, Oct 15. :frowning_face: How do you feel about me creating a Free Conference Call number so that you can all facilitate that chat together since our Zoom is a private company account?

Then let’s say we schedule our next chat for Oct. 29 to finish the book and determine our next reading/watching?

@CamMillerPaints @Jessica_TF2 @HARLEYRKC08 @MSt.Clair1962

1 Like

Sorry you can’t make it! I’m open to either rescheduling for your sake or what you suggest. I really have no preferences right now. Let me know what others say! Btw, do you want me to post your message in Slack? If so, let me know, I’d be glad to.

1 Like

Sure! Feel free to – thank youuu

1 Like

Have you had anymore response to your message? I posted in Slack, but haven’t seen any there. If you haven’t, just give the information I need to set up a call, either on Free Conference Call or Zoom and I’ll take care of it. I think I’ll try one more time to see if they would rather postpone or go ahead. Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

I’m leaning toward postponing until the 22nd. However, I’d love to hear what everyone else prefers.

2 Likes

If we keep it on a Friday, the next one I can do is Oct 29. If you all want to postpone instead, then we could still set goals for us to finish chapters 19 & 20 by Oct. 15, and then the rest of the book for our next chat on Oct. 29. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m in favor of postponing and adding the rest of the book for the 29

2 Likes

The 29th is good for me too :wink:

1 Like

Okey dokey artichokeys – thank you for being flexible. So sorry for the change. I really hate doing that, but believe it or not… I’m FINALLY taking some vacation days for the first time in yeeeears, and it all came together since we last talked. I hope to return with some newfound energy.

I am keeping up with the reading, and finding this next section really interesting (if there’s an accurate word for the experience of reading this book).

I look forward to our next chat, and will edit this main post to reflect the new date.

Have a kick ass weekend!

1 Like

Sounds good to me. I will relay the information to Christopher, Gary, Natalie, & Eclectic. Is there anyone else I’m forgetting?

Thanks so much for helping with this! I think that’s everyone…

1 Like

Glad to help. I’ve DM’d Christopher, Natalie & Eclectic on Slack. I don’t think Gary is on there, so I’ll try to find him on the forum. I think his handle is @NastyHabits

2 Likes

I was just thinking I should post this on here, but you beat me to the punch. Thanks. I’ll make sure it gets posted in Slack when it gets a little closer to time. I think everyone knows about the change now. I DM’d Gary (@NastyHabits) on the forum, but haven’t heard from him. I hope he got it. Enjoy your vacation!

1 Like

Thanks again! Soooo much :pray:

1 Like

I got the message. Thanks for thinking of me.

1 Like