Cenk Appearance Links & Discussion

This is the Twitter post from Piers Morgan about Cenk’s appearance tonight. No mention of Cenk running for the Dem nomination but they do mention that Chris Christie is running
https://fxtwitter.com/PiersUncensored/status/1716462314314961382

1 Like

Cenk was on the Democracy Paradox podcast. Audio quality from Cenk’s mic was not that great, but still listenable.
Cenk Uygur is Running an Unorthodox Campaign for President - Democracy Paradox

1 Like

Cenk was on Rashad Richey’s radio show from Atlanta on Thursday.

He was also on Indisputable earlier this week, ICYMI:

3 Likes

Finally, for anyone that missed his appearance on Tim Pool’s show on Friday:

1 Like

I think Jon Stewart should have his own show on TYT.

5 Likes

I wonder if we could get him to talk about his Apple exit on TYT for an interview?

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea! That’s step one. Then, we ask him to join TYT :grinning:

This is a good thread, please keep it alive!

Here’s Cenk on HasanAbi Twitch Channel, dated Oct 6, 2023

1 Like

I have a couple comments about the video you posted.

I think there is a creator bubble that should be addressed. The longer you have been a creator during the evolution of monetization the longer you have had exposure to economic incentives for counter narratives.

This means many content creators are given the unenviable task of moderation. This climate creates a demand for AI. In turn troll AI has had an outsized influence of chat bots targeting media outlet hosts / streamers. These interactions though genuine creates forced hallucination through being the target of trolls aided by AI. This isn’t to say the experience is false due to amplification of rage.

So you see Cenk refer to this as audience capture. This is a bit peculiar due to the fact many creators owe their livelihood to their audience and usually reciprocate their gratitude in some way.

Hasan refers to getting farmed this is when you take the bait and respond to a paravector. I think it is a bit of a fine line to also walk. The hot takes that keep audiences coming back are often a correspondence to arguments of other creators. The passion that is part in parcel of these takes for many creators is infectious to some in their audience. It should be said that the passion in turn often gives you a boost in proliferation.

I think the arguments that you have around crime should consider that we need huge reforms to our prison, jobs, and education systems.

I would like to offer a method for divorcing yourself from an argument.

First take the assertion. Take it to the ultimate conclusion in the form that maximizes its embellishment. Take the same assertion then allow the best counter argument to maximize proliferation. You have two opposing images at this point. With those two frames consider the argument or assertion and the counter argument or assertion. This allows you to create a base frame or in other words it often allows you to see a path.

2 Likes

Can someone condense a list of Cenk debates and discussions, possibly pin it so anyone new to TYT would notice it for easy access? Or is there such a thing already?

We have a thread of Cenk stuff over in the TYT Official Discord if it helps.

2 Likes

One problem, Colbert is a full blown corporatist. Not sure about Jon Stewart, but these birds seem to flock together.

1 Like

They both are they are captured by wealth. If the system works for you why would you change it?