I'm just so...angry

I’m new to the community. I literally just joined today. And I’m so happy that I did. I’d been debating for a while.

That said…I’m so angry. There are so many things going on right now and I have so many emotions and feelings and I am so ANGRY and I don’t know what to do with it all. How do you…how do you not be so angry? It sounds dumb, maybe…but I feel so duped. I knew that things weren’t what they claimed to be, but I didn’t realize it was this bad; that corruption ran this deep.

I feel like I’m one of those Q people talking like this, honestly. And maybe I am. I just want things to be the way they should be. I want our goverment to work for the people they way it is supposed to. I want people to be treated like people and for people to be able to afford to live; for them to be able to have a home and food and basic healthcare for goodness sake. I don’t understand why these basic things are considered a privilege.

And I guess that’s why I’m so angry. Becuase it isn’t right and it isn’t okay. And people justify it using religion and using the dumbest reasons. And they think it makes them a good person. I just. I’m so angry and disappointed.

Thanks for the vent.

5 Likes

First of all, WELCOME!

I had a long discussion with my American husband about the state of the USA. Im Norwegian. I have higher standards for social services because of my childhood in Norway and I am continuously disgusted and sad when I think of how some people are treated in the USA. My husband is also progressive but he’s in the mindset that fighting continuously would burn him out and he’d rather vote when he can and not try to convince every person he knows, he tried that in 2016, and when Bernie wasn’t the Dem Nominee his friends voted for Trump instead. He’s a very empathetic person ( more than me) so if he followed the news as I do he would feel horrible all the time.

I think talking about what you encounter that angers you or if you have personal experiences or a difficult situation you’re dealing with in this community can definitely help. Talking to like-minded people helps me a lot because at least with TYT I’m not banging my head against a brick wall, I’m getting agreement and constructive discussion. I’d recommend browsing the discussions and starting your own when you run into something you want to talk about! YOU’RE NOT ALONE <3

PS When it comes to feeling conspiratorial. I actually got that from my husband because I’m so angry/passionate. But I think he’s not angry enough. Just like Nina turner said. If you don’t feel like your hair is on fire. you need to look closer.

5 Likes

Welcome! I’m also a new member! I always listened through Spotify but that ended after the Ro-Gan Chronicles and when I realized how badly they stiff their content creators. On the anger part, I absolutely relate to that. I feel like it’s too far gone to reverse course and that the Rich have firmly secured their power. Barring civil unrest, I’m not sure what will fix it. When I was younger, I thought that our Representatives would succumb to their conscience, but that hope died a while ago. Now I just try to stay informed and vote, even if I think that it’s somewhat futile. We will either get Full Blown Fascists or Corporate Protectors, both of which suck beyond measure. It’s hard to not feel hopeless, but we endure.