Important Update

@alison_hartson Can you answer a couple question regarding the submission tomorrow?

I’ll do my best - how can I help?

2 Likes

Hello @alison_hartson ,

I don’t know if this was one the questions @enduser intended to make but it is one we have been entertaining as we have been interacting. I tried to reach him on discord but to no avail.

We were wondering if there was the possibility of a shout out from Cenk on the live show for people to come and vote for legislation ideas that were requested. I say that because there have been little votes/activity on the forum and last time Cenk made a call to action via the show it proved to be highly effective.

Is that something that is in the realm of possible?

2 Likes

Hi there! I can certainly ask.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Climate change is my top priority.

a. Declare climate change a national emergency. We need to significantly reduce our use of oil, coal, and methane. Provide incentives for renewable energy, public transportation, and electric cars.
b. Federal
c. To save the Earth. We all live on the same planet. This is the only planet we have. This is something that everyone should be able to get behind.

1 Like

@fourthwall_dragon Has got it I think we have some good ideas. It would be great to get a wider audience interacting with these ideas. Is it possible to get all the suggestions in a single poll? I think we could use a polling page similar to that of TYT.com/polls if possible.

Maybe also is a banner on the main page to promote the poll possible?

Is the deadline extendable? I think we could circle the wagons, and pick 3 tomorrow if needed.

1 Like

Having more people participate can be nice, but in this early stage, having a smaller number of people may actually be better. Voting would be the easiest way to arrive at a decision if there were dozens of people in this conversation, but consensus is always better than voting when it is feasible. As a result, we’d really love to see this group here do the following (see below).

Once we have that list of 3 possibilities, Cenk, myself, and others will take a look to see what feedback we have and if a poll at that time would make sense.

Let’s extend today’s deadline to this Tuesday, December 5. Does that help?

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime! Thanks so much for all you’re doing!

Steps…

1. Agree on the top three pieces of legislation for our community to organize around in order to create real change in the real world.

2. For each of the three pieces of legislation, explain
    (a) WHAT the legislation is,
    (b) whether it’s at the federal level or other, and
    (c) WHY you think it should be the one we focus on.

3. Agree to one person who will post this list and tag me.

3 Likes

@fourthwall_dragon can you post all the summaries you made so far when you converted these replies into polls? Can you also add any that have been recently added?

@smith_rick87 can you take @fourthwall_dragon summaries and add them to the rank choice voting service you found? If we could get you to post that link to that vote as a reply in this post that would be awesome!

Also anyone that would like to be the official submitter could throw their hat in the ring.

Thanks, yes should do nicely.

Also I would like to say these ideas are roughed out. I would like to encourage a development cycle approach when crafting these ideas. With that said they are very rough right now, but we could offer more detail if given a longer time period.

2 Likes

I can certainly do all that. I do have a contention about the external site: it allows for more than 1 voting per person, however, it could just be that I overlooked that specific feature on the list of settings. I created an account before being informed by @smith_rick87 that you didn’t have to in order to cast a vote.

2 Likes

I maybe wrong but it seems like a feature we may want for our own purposes anyway. I consider this a work around right now.

I can always jump in and get this done if we don’t hear back from rick in day or so.

No problem at all. Let’s see what ya’ll come up with on Tuesday and if we agree that more time is needed for details we can figure that out, but we may not really need that much detail until later.

2 Likes

Thank you, Alison. We will have the deliverables readily available for your use in accordance with the requirement. Computation shall be performed on Dec 4th to achieve this without any delay.

2 Likes

Fabulous! Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

the application does have the option to require email registration to prevent multiple votes from one person. if we want a better way of preventing multiple votes per individual, Google Forms is a better option. also, RankedVote requires a subscription for embedding so maybe Google Forms makes more sense.

2 Likes

I am nominating @marcoantonio for the role of submission of the consensus vote to Alison.

1 Like

If no one else is nominated by 5pm pst we will notify @marcoantonio and he should delivery shortly after.

Marco Antonio has won defacto, he has been notified. He should deliver by posting results of the consensus poll to this post.

Here’s the poll results for ya @alison_hartson

2 Likes

Sorry to spam you guys, I put him up to it. I was confused at how we were delivering the results. Marco maybe doing it next time. This looks good to me thanks everyone!