Important Update

Gotcha - So I’m reading this poll as asking people what they want to talk about, which is quite different from what Cenk is asking for. Are they aware of what we’re working towards in regards to Cenk’s request, or are they in fact simply saying what they want to talk about?

1 Like

So this is a good point. So I think the way this should work is that you take the bigger list to TYT proper. Then you guys pick amongst say 6 options that you would like us to build out. Then we could have a detail round for each. This could consist of a revote. Also I think we must have TYT define scope in the frame.

Meaning these ideas could be draft legislation or platform positions but how we treat each would differ.

Can you guys work up some descent plans for those 3 issues tonight @enduser & @fourthwall_dragon ? Nothing to elaborate just a nice basic plan for each and then post them in here for @alison_hartson ? Then maybe we can dig deeper into each issue later

Tonight maybe a bit of an ask. I need 2-3 days if possible. Maybe others feel defiantly.

Nothing Elaborate. Just basic. Further details on the plans can be worked out later

You already have the Issue. Now you just need (b) whether it’s at the federal level or other, and (c) WHY you think it should be the one we focus on.

The conversations are in each topic. Pros and cons were discussed: I can map those for @alison_hartson.

I noticed the question, but it was too late to tell, but the question can (and maybe does) aim to the community’s hot legislation ideas. I take aim to the fact that voting occurred with the headers being the driving force behind the voting rather than the ideas themselves.

I haven’t shared any of my ideas yet as none of them are legislation ideas. But that will be for later.

1 Like

What if you all just start with this question…

What are the top three pieces of legislation our community should organize around in order to create real change in the real world?

Keep in mind that we’re looking for something that is possible and that we are committed to doing as a community. This may mean that we don’t work on our absolute #1 topic (or it may). Our long-term, ultimate goal is to choose something that we see as being reasonable, worthwhile, and logical to begin with as we launch Operation Hope.

As I mentioned before, I don’t think you guys should do a poll to get this started. We need people in this conversation who really understand the ask and are willing to participate in this conversation. Voting is proven to not work as well as consensus, which is had via discussion.

I could be wrong so do what you all agree is best, but I recommend sharing this info with others, such as Discord, and inviting people to join this discussion.

What do you think?

I like this direction. @fourthwall_dragon I think what we want is more like WIP work in progress gradient with community support being the primary sorting weight.

Maybe instead of the work flow it is more like a in progress to idle. That way we could have more complex products cycle in and out of in-progress to idle?

When you frame it like that I think we should be focused a bit more inward maybe?

How about just asking people what they think Operation: Hope should and can focus on first? Something that we CAN accomplish with a good plan. Then we let them answer

Also once you do decide how to do this; You can post it also over in this Discord Thread in the Campaigns For Change Channel: Discord

1 Like

Here I’ll Start:

Medicare 4 All , Federal Level, and infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%
Pre-K thru College for free for all, Federal level, and again infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%

1 Like
  1. Medicare for All
  2. Campaign Finance Reform
  3. The Green New Deal

DPTaterTot here :wink: I would also like to see legislation that reforms corporate subsidies as well. For example, if a Big Pharma corp gets taxpayer-funded subsidies to develop a new drug for dementia, which is only 80% of the R&D cost. the taxpayers own 80% of the rights to that drug. That kind of revenue could pay for programs such as Medicare for All and free child care and give the public a UBI, especially when you apply that concept to all industries currently on corporate welfare… Do the math on Military contractors alone! Wanna really boost that revenue? retroactively review all subsides since the Reagan Admin that started this trickle-down hellscape we currently live in.
I do like to dream! :wink:

4 Likes

This is great ya’ll - I love to see the ideas being offered! Keep this coming and perhaps you can then make a list of all suggestions and then talk through the top three that you all agree on submitting. I’d like to offer some suggestions in addition to the great ones presented.

Gun Laws - We’d have to do some research to see what would be the most reasonable thing we could organize around that has a high change of success and moves the needle (as opposed to my dream regulations). It may have changed since I last dug into this but I would recommend closing loopholes and/or stricter training – something that would get bi-partisan support, move the needle, and make a difference (the trifecta we need imo)

Outdated Toxic Car Seat Laws - Full transparency, I’m pregnant so learning a lot about something I never thought about. This may be considered low on the list of things like campaign finance reform, but it seems like something worthwhile, doable, and we could actually get done. Getting accomplishments on the board for us as a community builds our strength and ability to get more done. Anyway, if you’re curious here’s some info about the last time U.S. laws on toxic car seats were updated (1981 I believe): https://www.ecocenter.org/our-work/healthy-stuff-lab/reports/toxic-inequities-2022-car-seat-report#:~:text=An%20outdated%20U.S.%20federal%20flammability,Highway%20and%20Traffic%20Safety%20Administration.

2 Likes

Some members also started a thread for this over in the TYT Discord so be sure to check it periodically also; the more eyes on the ideas the better

2 Likes

Alright we will attempt to use these issue as a model to work the others with.

Investment is always the problem here. I will attempt to create the funding mechanism in the idea if possible.

1 Like

OK, I started a new thread over in the TYT Discord for people to post there suggestions. It has the link to THIS thread also for people to see what is going on in here. PLS make sure to check out the Discord thread every so often as we continue to come to a consensus on which issues to recommend.
And don’t forget that we are just coming up with SIMPLE ideas of which issues to focus on and not complicated dissertations about each issue and how to fix them

1 Like

Perfect! Thank you SO MUCH. What do you think about keeping an ongoing list of the topic ideas so people can see what’s been suggested so far?

List of Ideas so far:

1. Medicare 4 All , Federal Level, and infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%
  2. Pre-K thru College for free for all, Federal level, and again infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%
  3. Campaign Finance Reform Important Update - #56 by nakayubi2gqp
  4. The Green New Deal Important Update - #56 by nakayubi2gqp
  5. Gun Laws Important Update - #57 by alison_hartson
  6. Outdated Toxic Car Seat Laws Important Update - #57 by alison_hartson
1 Like

Perfect. Can you either move this or also add this to a new category I just created: Top 3 Pieces of Legislation

We’ll continue this convo over there to help us keep track.

1 Like

Hey everyone - I started a new category / thread for this discussion. Check it out and feel free to share with others!

I hope I got everyone here… I’m not sure if there’s a way to at everyone at once…
@enduser @over9000 @fourthwall_dragon @jared123456 @guinliberty @theworldismad @monkeypants @smith_rick87 @nakayubi2gqp

2 Likes