Important Update

List of Ideas so far:

1. Medicare 4 All , Federal Level, and infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%
  2. Pre-K thru College for free for all, Federal level, and again infrastructure for it is already there and it polls at like 70%
  3. Campaign Finance Reform Important Update - #56 by nakayubi2gqp
  4. The Green New Deal Important Update - #56 by nakayubi2gqp
  5. Gun Laws Important Update - #57 by alison_hartson
  6. Outdated Toxic Car Seat Laws Important Update - #57 by alison_hartson
1 Like

Perfect. Can you either move this or also add this to a new category I just created: Top 3 Pieces of Legislation

We’ll continue this convo over there to help us keep track.

1 Like

Hey everyone - I started a new category / thread for this discussion. Check it out and feel free to share with others!

I hope I got everyone here… I’m not sure if there’s a way to at everyone at once…
@enduser @over9000 @fourthwall_dragon @jared123456 @guinliberty @theworldismad @monkeypants @smith_rick87 @nakayubi2gqp

2 Likes

Anna ranting that we should “accept” loss in 2024 and that it is “inevitable” is the antithesis of success for Operation Hope. How are you going to organize while saying we are destined to lose? Organizing is about the belief that a better world is possible and that our actions will make a difference. I recommend a visit to The Legacy Museum in Montgomery, Alabama and perhaps a conversation with the Equal Justice Initiative. You will learn that Americans didn’t accept loss against chattel slavery, against Jim Crow, against lynching, against disenfranchisement, against segregation… For some of us failure is simply not an option, even if we never experience the fruit of our labor.

1. Student loan forgiveness
  2. Establishment of Truth and Reconciliation Commission
  3. FREEDOM TO VOTE/JOHN LEWIS ACT - Seriously this has to be number one like how are you going to achieve any lasting change without ensuring the right to vote?
6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions @KnottyQueen . We have a list in this thread now: Top 3 Pieces of Legislation and are beginning to start discussion on which of all the ideas we think we should focus on and CAN get done.

2 Likes

For some reference on my previous comment :

2 Likes

I am pleased to see this thread, and I agree that focus on the policies that all Americans agree upon - or most, obviously - is essential to getting on board many voters. As is ensuring that those who do not see the threat from the GOP authoritarian plans are made aware of them. But I also think that we have a potential tool we are not using, which is to put pressure on politicians (especially, media also) to be truthful and admit when they make false claims or use tricks (gish galloping etc). One such tool which could easily be enhanced with software, once it is better known is the Pro Truth Pledge. Beto O’Rourke has signed it, as have other politicians, but it needs the publicity of a community like TYT to boost it, so that it can make a difference! Please look into it and consider what it could do to help in this existential fight. Thanks.

4 Likes

@here @here ! :laughing: In case you haven’t had a chance yet to continue this conversation in this new thread, check it out —> Top 3 Pieces of Legislation - #25 by alison_hartson

We have a new deadline for this Sunday and we super duper hope you all weigh in!