New friend wants to join Book Club

So I have a leftist friend who wants to join book club. She is not yet a member of the TYT community, and she often has difficulty verbalizing in groups. I told her she could join by registering for an account at tyt.com/community, and that we can read her written comments in the zoom chat out loud for her. Did I give her all correct information?

1 Like

h! i’ve been looking for a leftist reading group to join

3 Likes

Sounds good to me!

We would love to have you join us! We post on here when our meetings are. The next one is on Tuesday, 6/22/21, at 8:30 ET until whenever we get done. We are reading “The Shock Doctrine,” but it’s the Introduction and Part 1 that we will be discussing then. You can get a free .pdf online at https://selforganizedseminar.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/naomi-klein-the-shock-doctrine.pdf or Alison might be able to get you a book if you prefer.

I’m excited to have you in the club. The more the merrier. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I try to check on here at least once a day. Thanks and welcome!

Nothing too deep but if y’all are animal lovers PBS is reshowing All Creatures Great and Small on Masterpiece Theater, 1st of 7 was on tonight Thursday 17th @ 10 pm est.
I read all the books, I bet I’ve read more books in the last 2 yr. than I have throughout my life

@CamMillerPaints Of course we can accommodate! Love that you’re thinking of ways to make it work.

Hey everyone @HARLEYRKC08 @Jessica_TF2 @MSt.Clair1962 (IDK if Tater Tot is on here) - I am not going to be able to do our meeting at all this week, let alone Tuesday - so sorry! I am super busy with the Ohio townhall. We could either move it to next week July 2 @ 8:30pm ET, or you can all meet this week using a free conference call line instead of the Zoom and I can catch up with you on our next one. I’m comfortable with either option. Just lmk what you prefer. :hugs:

1 Like

Waiting is fine with me I wanted to reread anyway

1 Like

I’m fine with waiting until the 2nd.

1 Like

No one problem @alison_hartson . It probably works out best for me to wait anyway. I am pretty flexible about these things. The 7/2 date is fine.

1 Like

I’m good for July 2nd too.
I just figured out how to get notification from the community pushed to my pc. I don’t understand why this was so confusing to me. puffs on peace pipe

2 Likes

For me, there’s always a learning curve with each platform. Glad you’re figuring it out and that you made it here!