A City Council member was resigning, and there was an opening for the interim period between now and the new cycle.
Instead, I chose to post a reply on a topic posted about the deadline of the applications.
This is what I posted the day after, and after a handful comments back and forth… me sideswiping any questions about my wokeness with jokes… ended with the troll to say I actually may he a candidate for City Council!
Well give me colloidal silver and paint my ass blue!
"I considered it, finished my questions over the weekend, but I see what I have to put up here, the sentiments that run our city, the strong resistance towards change and the possibility of a better future.
We, for the most part, wish to stay in our ways, never looking at the problems we face, and continuing as is.
Because we think that this farce of high rentals, abysmally low affordable housing availability, stagnant wages and annual inflation is increases is going to sustain itself indefinitely.
Not driving people into poverty or anything.
I need a more open community that is willing to consider my politics.
Right now I’m just a woke ass liberal.
Don’t think that demonizing me will benefit you, my support is strong, solid, and silent.
The more you resist, the more I can depend on my minority to overcome your majority.
(1) Strong opposition groups must be met accordingly, and first must hear the issues at hand and see where agreement is stymied.
I will first look to any violated rights first, then to unintended consequences of indirect actions, and finally into the reason for the current situation to understand fully the situation.
For every continued dissent I will continue to listen, and find opportunities of approach to address issues and find solutions.
I will take into consideration all matters of concern from all parties.
I will ensure everyone is considered, I will act on behalf of those concerns to the best of my ability, and I will be transparent with all of my decisions and votes.
M wife runs our family business. While I don’t have any direct control over the matters of business, because having both husband and wife trying to wrestle over leadership is no way to run a business, I try to persuade her of actions she should take to improve her operation.
My wife is stubborn, but I will try to argue my case when the opportunity arises, whether it’s to be more organized or to practice better preparation.
She still has a hard time listening to anything I have to say, there is both implicit and explicit bias I must first overcome, however I no longer get called in to work while I’m watching my kids, and at least we have rid ourselves the headaches of extreme underprepare dness.
(3) My method of leadership is persuasion with respect to qualification and authority on the matter in question.
When dealing with a disagreement of two working professionals, it is important to hear both sides of argument, and understand every context provided to ensure decisions are made with consideration to all matters of import of a subject.
(4) If I was allowed to change the zoning code, I would allow for limited use commercial mixed zoning in residential zones.
Subdivisions would first need to have proper concensus on what limited use would entail and an adequate percentage of residents needed to give direct consent, or ensure protocol that ensures people’s democratic rights are respected to allow added mixed zoning.
(5) I believe in consensus, regardless of my personal beliefs. I plan to take into consideration everyone’s concerns regardless of my opinions for them.
All matters of community are important, if Flagstaff has taught me anything, is that we’re at our best working together.
(6) I will be focused on listening to any and all proposals to the council in regards to improving city infrastructure; I will try to understand better the situation Flagstaff is in, find potential opportunities, and most importantly compile what I have learned to present to the public, in hopes to better inform my community and allow better consideration on local civics.
(7) Aside from making decisions by my methods prescribed, I have some ideas for Flagstaff in terms of municipal composting, upgrading our mountain line into a robust and convenient means of travel, and the possibility of closed loop pumped storage hydropower.
My ideas highlight issues that Flagstaff faces today, and as I inquire on ideas, I will also be looking for other ideas to bring into consideration from our most qualified professionals. It will allow me to open discussion on possible solutions for our future."
These are the answers to the quesionaire, so there’s your context.