Workers' Progressive Party

As a literature buff, while I enjoy the Moses simile, I don’t agree. In terms of O’Brien, I understand the concerns and am impressed with the speech. Lastly, I agree that many people are afraid to, in a sense, go against a woman of color, I think there are few people in politics with the same concern.

1 Like

Agreed. My point is that media is basically the preachers of the organised religion of politics. Wjhat else will you call MAGA or Vote Blue no matter who? They help maintain control through propaganda

1 Like

I agree with the fact that a lot of Dems are afraid of angering minorties by passing her up, Which is why they haven’t. That and the fact that she can control the money pledged to Biden harris campaign. Else she would have been dropped too

1 Like

That is what I meant by rebranding of the republican party. slapping a new label on the same old thing. The thing is Dems are taking their image of pro workers party for granted. They live in a bubble where they think they are seen as a party for common people. A lot of people associate them with wall street, banks and defence contractors. People mostly view republicans and Democrats as parties who work for elites, just elites in different lines of business. And the fact that Dems didn’t return the teamsters request is just flat dumb politically. Almost as Dumb as Hillary not campaigning in Wisconsin

1 Like

Dude you are talking as if Dems were like hey the ring is open everyone jump in and we will give everyone a fair chance. They were never for an open convention to begin with. They wanted to coronate someone. And the reason other people weren’t encouraged is because they are still sorting out the cleanest switch for Donations. The ONLY reason kamala even got any traction was because she had the control over the donations pledged to Biden Campaign. She could create real trouble for Dems if they passed her over. its always the money. I really need people t stop acting as if this is some kind of democracy here. When the rumors of Biden dropping were fluttering after debate, newsom, Whitmer, harris and a couple of others had polls out showing they were doing better than Biden. All of those stopped when harris released the op ed about she controls the money. That is when dems started slowly rallying behind her.
And even if DNC got the control of money from harris, they would still not have an OPEN contention. Because its NOT open to anyone. It will be Contested at best. By some elite propping up one candidate against Kamala. So people “speaking up” is just farcical

1 Like