About Introductions

Tell us how you found TYT, what made you stick around, and anything else that helps us get to know you - you amazing person you.

Our community culture is important to us. We want everyone to enjoy their time here, build lasting friendships, learn from one another, and even organize political actions if that suits your interests. We just ask that everyone engage with our TYT Core Values in mind at all times: TYT.com

Also… have fun! This is a place of, by, and for our TYT community. You can share news articles, keep the conversation going in between TYT shows, participate in polls and petitions, watch random videos, listen to music, or even enjoy a cute post in Makes Me Smile.

P.S. Welcome to our TYT Community discussion boards! We’re so happy that you decided to join the party.

5 Likes

Hello hello! South Bay area here. I love meeting new people and making new friends. Online is cool, but I would really love some local community as I am new to this area. My hope by joining is to find some like-minded people who are doing their part to make this world a little bit better. My circle really did a big shrink in the era of he who shall not be named. A lot of people I held dear either took off their mask or just totally became different humans. It’s been a rough ride. I am sure too many of you can relate. Anywho! please feel free to reach out and say hi! I am not always the world’s best at checking messages, but I am trying to change that bad habit :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to our community! Sorry you’ve had such a rough ride but I hope you’re able to find some silver linings. There are definitely a lot of progressives in your area so keep trying and I hope you enjoy the community here in the meantime.

3 Likes

Hi Family TYT💪 / #DragonSquad🐉

I’m an active member of The Damage
Report​:dragon_face:, :sparkling_heart: #IndisputableTYT​:fist:t6: & all things JayarRated so the WatchlistTYT​:eye: is must see TYT :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Due to my crazy lifestyle & work schedule I rarely catch the shows live but do my best to watch every show whenever possible :fire:

Look for me on Twitter @joeken19083 & on the Tikity Tok at kemny_from_philly :muscle:

Cheers :beers: - Ken

2 Likes

Introductions?

Well, I have been a member of TYT since 2006. Back then, you could join as a non-paying member, and after I got over the sting of Cenk, Ben and Jill (back then) booting my morning show Morning Sedition on Air America, I kind of got used to them. So used to them, in fact, that when they left Air America, I finally broke down and joined as a paid member - and I’ve been one since.

I’ve always listened to the podcast, first through AA and, since joining, through the website and my podcaster, so I don’t get a chance to interact with other members through chat. I’d love to change that, but there are so many ways to chat/communicate that I’m not sure what’s the best course to take. I’m trying this forum, which I’ve had a login on for years but rarely used. I hope they let me post this - the bot told me I wasn’t permitted to post as a ‘new’ user - LOL - but we shall see if replying is allowed. I’m always a couple days behind the current show, so I’m hoping that the forum format will allow me to interact with other members.

Thanks for the space to speak.

Elasg

3 Likes

Hi! I’m in a similar situation. I first discovered the show in 2012ish and would watch clips of the show on FB, but I finally became a paying member after Trump was elected. I watch the show on my phone in the TYT app, so I’ve had no way to interact with other members. I’ve also been reluctant to speak here, because I’m pretty sure I sit much further to the left than Ana and Cenk, maybe even most of the members, I’m not sure. Being from the South, I’ve always struggled with the hardline TYT stance of “guns are bad.” I can’t help but wonder (and hope) that maybe Cenk could be changing his mind on this.

I was nervous coming here to the community forums, partly because I was worried I might be “too radical,” but mainly because I’m putting these thoughts into writing for the first time, and I’m paranoid af about it being used against me at a later date. I hope like hell I don’t regret this. My hope is to find others who are thinking along the same lines as me and get some conversation going about what to do and ways to strategize. It’s nice to meet you, and thank you for commenting on my other post. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First I watch all the time on YouTube and a free streaming local tv service. Love you guys but… your site is impossible to navigate. It gives me a headache and I end up screaming at my phone or iPad. I want to quit but can’t figure out how. I didn’t have these troubles joining. Get some techs on it please. I was watching on YouTube tonite and did I hear Ana call somebody a greaser ? I looked it up and the person has an Italian name. Did I hear wrong ? That term is as offensive as any racist term. Please advise me how to quit without having to cancel my card, that is a real pain in the ass.

I’ve been a member since 2021 but listen (not watch) exclusively from the app, usually while at work (in the service industry and dont have time to sit and watch). I therefore don’t really get the chance to interact with the community at all. Therefore it saddens me how sparse the posts are in here…

A message for Cenk and Ana. I have been a TYT member for a few months now. Not to sound like I’m posturing as an elitist as Cenk might say it, but i am a cisgender white male, married with two children. At the age of 38 and have never voted because I’ve always felt the politicians are crooked and all of the media lies for them. It’s always about the almighty dollar, isn’t it? It wasn’t until I came across TYT and shortly thereafter became a member that I actually have an interest in politics and have a tingle of hope that maybe my voice counts for something. If not for me, maybe for my kids? The news I get from the entire TYT network feels real and makes sense to me. I know my 10 bucks a month helps pay for that unadulterated reporting and it’s been more than a fair trade. I never considered where i fell on the political spectrum, but your advocacy for treating all humans as the human beings that they are makes me feel that I am a progressive and that there are like minded individuals all over the world and even next door. It’s a simple message. I don’t have much of a social media presence and I usually am a couple days behind in my viewing of the live shows. (I download them to my phone each morning and spend the week catching up.) It would be awesome if you could read even a portion of my comment on air, just to let me know you heard me. I appreciate all that you do.

2 Likes

Hello TYT Community,

I had heard of TYT on multiple occasions and heard Ana on The Ben Shapiro Show, but I didn’t start listening to TYT till I heard Cenk on the Patrick Bet David Podcast. I love discussions and learning new things and I wanted to learn more from people whose ideas I am unfamiliar with. A lot of what Cenk and Ana have said has been interesting and I hope to learn more. I enjoy other cultures, traveling, and military history.

2 Likes

No idea how to start a conversation. But here goes.

The Dumbpublibans follow Dump for a few reasons. One I can understand the other is he hates the people they hate. So let’s discuss the understandable one. For 44 straight years of trickle economics the average person has been getting a boot on their throat. Trump tells people yes I see the system putting a boot on your throat and “I alone can fix it.”. Did he fix it while president? No. Will he fix it if you elect him again? No. Will Trump even try to fix it? No. Will Trump Say the system is broken and break further to do more damage? Yes. Best way to Look at this is like a Car. The car is on Fire and there are only Two Mechanics on the planet. One say yes your car is on fire And “I alone can fix it” dousing your car with Gasoline. The other Mechanic says “Nope your car is running just fine.” All the while Flames are shotting out of it. That is what the average person gets to see. Than being told to take their car to one of these mechanics and that these are their only choices.

1 Like