Bias of current day American Culture

Drew, I have looked everywhere to comment to you personally. i love and appreciate greatly your ideas and input. However, I have to read them several times each in order to follow your idea to its summation. IOW, Dummy it down a little for me, please. I would respond, but sometimes I’m not sure if my response would somehow point out my ignorance.
In response to the bias of modern culture, It is the same with religions, in a way. And, the answer is in the title: BIAS. It is inbred, even without apparent prejudicial tendencies. Parents effect children’s opinions, even though they believe they are being good people, sometimes they dont realize the way they “lean”. If that made any sense, I have a second point: stability. Generally, people do not like change. Accepting another culture’s politics automatically erects a wall of stubborn unwillingness to change. Not necessarily a bias or prejudice, but a “I am set in my ways” type of reaction.

1 Like

plenty of gun owners stay their hand even at the mercy of police violence.

Even our military of color are not immune from the harsh realities of American life.

Even when we know law enforcement abuses their powers on us.

Our pride comes more from praising American greatness, some of us love America because of our values, unwavering, unrelenting, and unflinching to forming a more perfect union.

We do not choose our gun culture, it has simply always been.
This isn’t a choice of living with or without them, this is whether or not you too will give yourself some measure of protection, or trust your community to help you through it.

All Progressives will by default choose the latter, and that poses a bigger problem than you may be aware.

Our problems come from unchecked predators, being unarmed doesn’t make you any more safe than having a firearm responsibility.
Not when the dangers in American society are already so great.

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment, truthfully! I am working on trying to not be to wordy, but I do try and tend drift in a dyslexic manner, which is due to my psychoanalysis, in a sense of backwards analysis. But please feel free to any ideas that I may provoke within you, or provoke within myself, I’m just human trying to live amongst humans lol, being opened minded and noticing when I began to emotional charged is usually my que to self reflect and re-analyze a situation, whether it be me presenting my theologies to the other party where they can relate or just a lack of patience/will to understand someone else’s standpoint.

1 Like

So my question to you my good sir, which do choose continue in violence and be afraid of what has always been as such as you stated , or form a new path were that not is not even optional, because at one point it wasn’t just standard normal, but violence has always been present, which we all have come across verbally and physically. When do we take stand against this dread and hurt?

This is what we’re doing. You’re helping us, this is how Progressives stand and fight.
My gun is nothing compared to my pen, my strength is not in physical combat but a political guerrilla that devastates social media and beyond.

People reel from the truths we spit on the regular, they use to immediately talk back, but they’ve been whiplashed so many times that they are starting to learn their lesson.

We are at war, the Progressive warfront is that of public domain, we will not stop until our voices are heard, and you’re not going to do that with just “please” and “thank you”.

It’s by saying, “I may disagree with every word that you say, but I will fight to the death your right to say it.”
Voltaire is one of us, his tradition lives on through the Progressive movement.

My mattress has more than guns, the constitution is in there, rainy day money, my children’s future, and a jar of weed just in case laws on marijuana go south.

2 Likes

my man

I, too, suffer from a vast varied number of mental deficiencies, and understand your method. I was an English major in school (oh, so long ago), with emphasis on expository writing. My suggestion: Lead with a concise statement describing your point without garnish. Then on to several descriptive in-depth declarative sentences. Write as much as you feel is needed to get all your points across. Finish with a definitive, yet brief summary statement (similar to 1st sentence) that brings your point home solidly. This would make it much easier for those who are interested in your thoughts and theories, and much less frustration for you when we are informed in our replies.

1 Like

I didn’t actually think I was going into a tirade on Second Amendment Rights, much of my analysis comes from my consideration of what gets left out of the conversation between gun owners and gun rights.

This is perhaps the most in depth I have ever discussed gun ownership to anyone, even I am a bit taken aback.
But I’ve reread my comments and find no discrepancy with what I said and what I believe.

Your suggestion is intriguing however, to turn this conversation into a new Second Amendment narrative. One that promotes sensible gun laws and actual debate on the subject.

I am weary of how well the message will be received, but I cannot blame anyone for how the NRA has handled gun rights.
NRA makes reconciling gun control and Second Amendment Rights near impossible.

1 Like

I think I’m starting to get the hang of it, in a sense of proof reading out loud, it may sound good in dialogue, but in terms of written text, my voice is lost through the lose of patience trying to transcribe my vernacular in terms they can comprehend. An I really appreciate the comment it helped a great deal

1 Like

Rereading it, out loud if you need to, helps clarifies your points.
The practice comes more easily, but also helps you become critical of your own thoughts as you have them.
Did I mean that?
Did that make sense the way I wanted to?
Did I accidentally sound like an ignorant mofo and ruin my gun advocacy, or did I do what I set out to do?
Did I actually answer the question?

Sssmashhh, thank you for yet another layer,
presentation.

2 Likes

Drew- I just read your comment about multiple fronts of contestation (opened with praising Cenk for Ro Khana interview) and preparedness. It was so much easier to comprehend and your points were very pronounced. I can tell you weren’t mad at me anymore. I am glad that I could help. Your voice and ideology are extremely valid and necessary to the progressive movement. I am happy they will be able to reach more people who don’t always have the ability to understand your fervor. Thank you for being on our side!!!

2 Likes

Great point layout, Ijedi! Much more succinct and easier to understand than my windbag attempt. I think I will save your comment to help out my own writings (which tend to be long and drawn out) in the future.

3 Likes

I was never mad at you madam what gave you that impression!!! I’m sorry if I did, I tend to get lost in the sauce at times trynna organize the thoughts I’m realizing, and thank you again for the advice it really helped me to have an adjustable scope, knowing when to be out in stars and when to bring it back down to earth lol. Much love!!!

1 Like

ssSMASHhh, there is no question that you are more popular than I among the Youtube community.

You lead the mob, I provide artillery support.

Besides, I’m a hard pill to swallow. The whole point of college is so people don’t have to read that much ever again.
You’re the sugar that’s going to help people from choking.
I don’t mean to, but I think that’s what I’m going for.
That’s called teamwork!

2 Likes

Perhaps “mad” was not the precise word I was looking for. As I get older, i find my once Thesaurusical (yes, I just made that word up) mind is more liken to a Dictionary. I can tell you what i mean, just don’t know the proper synonym. I digress, sorry. I was more afraid that you would take my comment as a criticism, instead of an assistance in getting through to the people you were aiming to get the attention of. I have been told that I am often too blunt, and offend others without any idea I am doing so. Now, I try to take extra care, but don’t always manage to accomplish that. I think the proper sentence should have been: “I was not sure how you would react to my reply, and I am happy it was helpful to you.” Keep up the good work!! What you have to say is very important and we can tell it’s from your heart. This is what we need!!

Your comment was flattering(?) and kind, but not quite correct. I am not popular nor a leader. I am working hard at being a quick-witted, if not exactly tough warrior for the progressive movement and possibly a cheerleader for the Dragon Squad and the TYT Army. However, we do need strong, stable leaders and there are a few to be on the watch for. I am proud that i can be in alliance with you and Drew and all our Friends and Family in this time when it is so desperately important to fight for our way of life and for our liberty. It is an honor to be on our side. Wow! that sounded like I just wrote the Star-Spangled Banner or something :star_struck:

1 Like

“I can tell you what i mean, just don’t know the proper synonym. I digress, sorry. I was more afraid that you would take my comment as a criticism, instead of an assistance in getting through to the people you were aiming to get the attention of” I completely relate, but the fact that your willing to offer hand rather slap as far as reinforcement speaks volumes and your killing it. I always appreciate the offer criticism with a resolution or at least a progressive relatable path to navigate.

1 Like

ssSMASHhh, tell that to youtube. Algorithms don’t lie, people make it a point to say hi to you especially.
Agree to disagree Dragon, until you have evidence, I will hear none of it. Feel free to continue to protest though, I am not stopping you :grin:

1 Like

People always say, Hi because I say hi to them. I know I have said Hi to you several different days. Going a ways back, too.
But, agree to disagree.! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I read this and ask myself what the hell was I trying to say lol, hindsight is 20/20. Or should I say 2022 lol I apologize for the cheese lol