Biden just won't listen dagnammit

“President Biden sent a two-page letter to Democratic lawmakers on Monday to say that “I am firmly committed to staying in this race,” saying speculation over his future was helping former President Donald Trump — and that it was time to stop.

“The question of how to move forward has been well-aired for over a week now. And it’s time for it to end. We have one job,” Biden said."

Why won’t he just listen to the people he’s supposed to be representing. Geesh!

2 Likes

When I read the article’s title to my partner, he said “Biden just lost the race.”

2 Likes

The Dem party and the anti-Trumpers were united before the debate, even though Biden was slightly losing in the swing states. BIDEN created this problem in front of 51M viewers, which limited his support/potential volunteers. He has yet to correct the problem over the last 1.5weeks as his poll numbers worsen. This is not a winning trajectory and he’s dangerously close to being perceived as stubborn/selfish/in-denial. His campaign shouldn’t blame the media and shouldn’t blame the voters for what is clearly a candidate’s deficiency.

2 Likes

It’s not unique to elders obviously, but gawd damn is the egotistical obstinance of old people in power PARTICULARLY irritating and grating.

2 Likes

Pass the torch!!

Honestly the most concerning part is from that interview with George Stephanopoulos over the weekend when he said that if he loses at least he knows he tried his hardest. This is not a middle school basketball game. There are no participation awards. And he can’t run ads saying Trump is bringing the end of democracy if we don’t vote for him if he can’t even realize how that answer - just that answer by itself - shows how little regard he has for our supposed democracy.

2 Likes

He doesn’t care about our democracy because at the federal level, if we ever had a democracy, it definitely hasn’t been since before World War II.

1 Like