Cenk and his run

If he was trying to be frugal and focus on his legal case, he had more than enough money to get it to at least 1 court of appeals which is all that was needed.

This has become anything but productive and is nothing more than a circular argument. Personally I would feel embarrassed and actually do for the back and forth nonsense. Whatever gets some people through the day I guess? Goodness knows reason and logic skills are not going to work here. So it’s just a waist of time. A little entertaining but nothing more at this point.

2 Likes

He had to continue running… without money… otherwise the courts would have deemed it as without grounds since the case wouldn’t apply if he isn’t running. The system is in itself rigged to favor the ones with money basically in all fronts. I rather think that you haven’t given a complete thought to this, but hey! I think we are all doing it together, and the public gets to see the discussion and see in real time an idea get tackled.

I think @horus_lives is wrong in thinking this is not productive, but I also think… and it is not the first time that I say this @sciguy24 could approach this discussion in a more pragmatic manner… in a way that doesn’t drive people away from these important exchanges…

Yes, you warn ahead of time that you might be rude, but I think we can all agree that it would be better if you don’t… these discussions force us to enter in the most serious topics and subject us all to take a look at the abyss… at the darkest of humanity in some cases ( the current genocide at Gaza, and the lack of spine of law makers that are so bought that have turned the democracy into a corporatocracy in disguise)… we make that effort in order to find solutions, in order to bring forth positive change to the world…

All I am saying is: you can make it easier: for yourself, the community and then just extrapolate further to the humanity and all of those beings that cross that special threshold in which each creature is deemed worthy of such regard for well-being… so yes, not only humans, but yes: specially humans.

4 Likes

I mod the TYT Discord so I get what ya mean lol

2 Likes

One of the many things that I’ve always loved about TYT is how they go about any conversation almost always in good faith and careful not to make unproven accusations or slander without explanation. A lot of people can get into trouble by such unfounded accusations or at least can be spreading lies. I completely agree with any criticism towards myself other than by you sciguy24. I have never been a member of any cult or that way of thinking and I’m sure as hell not doing it now. My biggest complaint about this topic is that it was stated as fact that Cenk has somehow done something wrong and this debate has shown he hasn’t and if he has than by all means find out and expose it to the world. But it’s probably never going to amount to anything more than slander which is tacky and dangerous. I will say that the majority of people on here are amazing and should never be berated or pushed to not express themselves or not respond with a comment that’s not popular. That is definitely the last thing I would want anyone to take from this especially now that the war in the Middle East is just getting worse.

4 Likes

I was with you on the folly of Cenk’s presidential run from the moment he announced it, sciguy24, but I don’t think the financing of it was the problem. What bugged me was it displayed two fundamental misunderstandings of our current political situation:

1. The decision whether to run again for a second term was Biden’s and Biden’s alone. No amount of outside pressure was going to change his mind if he wanted to stay in office, which he obviously does. Ana especially, to this day, acts like the entire Democratic establishment colluded to make this decision. This is nonsense, but she just states it like it’s the “truth” nonetheless.

2. If Biden was going to step aside, it needed to happen shortly after the mid-terms. By the time Cenk and Ana began railing against his decision on a daily basis late last summer, it was already too late for a competitive primary to play out. This should have been obvious to Cenk… but he ran anyway. :roll_eyes:

Sciguy I must say you may have a issues with easily getting confused and perhaps a memory recall issue too.

I just say that because you seem to attack a point over and over again. One could mistake this behavior as playing the devils advocate in bad faith.

So when someone gives your their word and goes back on it. That is just between them and you can get lost?

I guess this works in some friendships perhaps, but this isn’t how adult behave. This is especially true when our country is on the line. The hubris of this statement is mind warping.

I mean I like jokes but that is a bad one.

Yeah this is obviously only correct if you knew the DNC would employ mafia tactics to keep all challengers off primary ballots. Did you have some insder information that you didn’t give to us?

2 Likes

That it was Biden’s sole decision is just reality. I didn’t say I was happy about it. I wasn’t, at the end of '22 or now. But I didn’t act like I had any power to change that fact… like a certain someone we know.

As to your second point, the DNC did NOT need to play hardball to block Biden’s challengers. The electorate was always going to renominate him regardless. Again, this was obvious if you’ve followed presidential politics for any length of time. Primary voters always choose the incumbent president, overwhelmingly. This cycle’s numbers confirmed this fact yet again.

Yes, it’s dumb that the party insiders play games to fix an outcome already determined. But again, it was entirely predictable.

With respect, I will say you have made a point much better than sciguy24 but you left out very important parts in a very different argument. I still question the argument to begin with but it is interesting. I would like to see this played out on its own thread however.

3 Likes

I really couldn’t disagree more.

Allowing a primary to play out would have produced ideas and candidates that will never happen without it. That is indeed the entire reason they were railroaded.

Once you make the promise it is no longer your sole decision. If you maybe tried to finesse that, and not even address it in a meaningful way. That is super creepy. He needed to make some speech about how he changed his mind and he has all these great ideas that everyone should get behind. That would have out flanked the progressives and would have been smart.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, tens of millions of Americans disagree with you. And tens of millions more have no earthly idea what we’re even talking about.

I am fine with that. Many more want answers to problems and that was a way to get some organic solutions. If it was allowed Biden could have taken them in a brokerage with progressives.

I applaud Biden and his support for paid family leave. In he says the correct thing often. The problem with Biden is that you cannot trust what he says only what he pushes to accomplish. It isn’t that he is a liar he just like all politicians cannot get support for things and they fail.

He continues to be a mixed bag in my opinion.

2 Likes

@ cerberusalphagaming you were on the bonus episode this evening profile pic and all!!! Amazing, heartbreaking but even more inspirational. Thanks for being so brave and such an awesome person. This is another reason why I love TYT so much. Great people with amazing experiences and sharing this story is just so strong what a brilliant person.

3 Likes

I have to say again what a delight it is to have met such awesome people for the most part. People that are strong and progressive and do the best they can for a better place that we all call earth. :earth_africa: It may get dark sometimes but with the amount of fight you all have there will always be light again. :heart::earth_asia:

4 Likes

I second that!

2 Likes

You guys should come join us over on the TYT Discord too. We talk about shit, sometimes watch movies, and even play some games over there.

5 Likes

Once I figure out what Discord is, I will try to figure out how to do it. Yeah, I’m that far behind. :joy:

2 Likes

To be honest you’re not, Discord is another online meeting place for every subject you can think of, I really don’t do social media a lot and really not a big fan of Discord but I do visit the TYT Discord, that’s probably the only one I visit on Discord now so believe me when I say take your time learning about it lol

2 Likes

I will check it out. Thank you. :smiling_face:

I was so proud of you when Ana read your story last night. (She had me in tears.) There is no doubt that your story will help a lot of people. :heart:

3 Likes

I’m a mod over on the TYT Discord and I only belong to 5 total Discord servers; 2 of which are TYT( The Reg Server and our test server) the other 3 just servers of friends. Cenk didn’t come over till his Candidacy for President.

3 Likes