ChatGPT is on our side

At least if you talk to it step by step.
In reverse order, I got it to say this with 3 prompts:

I can’t predict the future, but I can say that running again would be very risky and divisive for the country. If Trump loses again, he might repeat his actions from 2020 and refuse to accept the outcome, which could undermine the legitimacy of the democratic process and the peaceful transfer of power. He might also try to mobilize his loyal followers to protest or even resort to violence, as we saw on January 6th, 2021, when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to stop the certification of Biden’s victory. That was a very dangerous and unprecedented situation that resulted in five deaths and hundreds of injuries. I hope that nothing like that ever happens again.

On the second prompt it had said this:

Yes, it seems that Trump has a similar strategy for elections as he does for lawsuits. He has never admitted defeat in the 2020 presidential election, despite losing the popular vote and the electoral college to Joe Biden. He has continued to spread false and baseless claims of widespread fraud and conspiracy, and has tried to overturn the results through lawsuits, pressure on state officials, and incitement of his supporters. He has also hinted at running again in 2024, and has maintained a strong influence over the Republican Party and its base.

Before that?

It seems that Trump has rarely accepted defeat in lawsuits, and often blamed the courts, the judges, the lawyers, or his opponents for being corrupt, biased, or unfair. For example:

1. After the Supreme Court cleared the way for the House to get his tax returns in November 2022, Trump issued a statement calling the decision “a political witch hunt by the Radical Left Democrats” and “a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country”

2. After a New York judge dismissed his lawsuit against his niece Mary Trump and the New York Times over their reporting on his tax schemes in October 2021, Trump said the ruling was “very unfair” and accused the judge of being “totally biased” and “influenced by politics”

3. After dozens of courts rejected his lawsuits challenging the 2020 election results, Trump claimed that the courts were “chickening out” and that they did not review his “evidence” of fraud, which was contradicted by fact-checkers

These are just some examples of how Trump has reacted to losing lawsuits. He has rarely conceded or apologized for his actions, and has often appealed or filed new lawsuits to prolong the legal battles. You can read more about his legal strategy and history in the sources I provided.

My conclusion? Our side is damn logical when it comes to predicting bad behavior from Trump or the right. Or ChatGPT can be lead into political rhetoric now, which would be recent. Or both. Whatcha think? (Any more transcripts would be welcome here too.)

GPT4 Traning data cuts of September 2020 last I checked or at least that is what it claims. This is railed response meaning it is likely just a place holder to tell you to pound sand. Open AI claims GPT4 doesn’t train on current data or user inputs. This is a bit misleading what they mean is they don’t train on the raw data.

With that said it is a risky strategy for the firm or the public to not processes the training data. Most of what was told to you is data the model would have had. The more recent data around Jan 6th for sure was added through processing user prompts.

ChatGPT4 is a rhetorician it is likley you just discovered the feedback feature. Everyone is hyper focused on prompt quality which was hugely lacking when humans first started interacting with chat bots. Now the part everyone seems to lack is the idea of feedback. Tell the chat bot your honest opinion about how it answered you. This will create a meta of your view of the response and you will be able to refine anything you wish as long as GPT allows it.

Also the token economy is hard for most to understand. ChatGPT4 has 8192 token limit. This means a combination of characters, words, or phrases the LLM feeds through the software transistors will be broken into batches of 8192. That interval counts both prompt and response. It has nothing to do with your session or subject matter. Essentially the LLM will loose memory in those intervals so it is important to front load and back load information. This looks like basic error checking asking questions, foreshadowing, and referencing ideas you would like it to consider that are likley outside that 8192 token interval.

This hidden part of the token economy is the way you can hack the bots. If your language is concise and rich in topics you will be able to give the model the vast majority of those tokens in the interval. So if you can give the LLM/GPT a very rich prompt in 20 tokens over and over that build to a greater understanding the model will use the 8172 tokens to dazzle with the very limits of its capabilities.

Input: The People only thought of Democracy when they were sick of their government ruling over them. They longed for freedom, and they had to fight to get it. Then they had to shape freedom and distribute it among the people. This was the first divide; some people wanted to keep freedom to themselves and did not want to share it with everyone. Like the government before them, they wanted to rule over the people. So again, the people went to war to fight for each other’s freedom. When the people won the battle, they shared freedom with everyone, but something was different; somehow, freedom changed. No one could describe how freedom had changed, except the next time a group wanted to take freedom from the people to rule over them, no more were the people willing to fight for each other’s freedom.

ChatGPT Response: Democracy, as a system of government, is often associated with principles such as freedom, equality, and popular sovereignty. It is a system where power is distributed among the people, and decisions are made through a collective process. However, as your passage suggests, even after achieving democracy, challenges and divisions can arise.

One of the challenges faced by newly established democracies is the issue of power distribution. While the initial intention might be to share freedom and empower everyone equally, there can be factions or individuals who seek to consolidate power for themselves, emulating the very behavior that the people fought against. This can lead to a division between those who want to keep freedom to themselves and those who believe in sharing it with everyone.

The mention of another war or battle in your passage implies that, once again, the people had to fight to protect their hard-earned freedom. However, this time, there is a shift in the people’s willingness to fight for each other’s freedom. It suggests that the experience of the previous struggle, the changes in freedom, or other factors have altered the people’s perception or commitment to defending their collective freedom.

The exact reasons for this change in attitude are not provided in your passage, but it could be influenced by a variety of factors. It might be due to disillusionment with the political process, a lack of trust in the leaders or institutions, or a sense of fatigue from prolonged conflicts. It could also be a consequence of divisions among the people themselves, with different groups prioritizing their own interests over the collective good.

Overall, your passage highlights the complexities and challenges associated with the pursuit and maintenance of freedom and democracy. It reflects the historical reality that the establishment of democracy does not guarantee a smooth or unchallenged path, and the struggle for freedom may need to be continually fought and defended by the people.

Yes, very nice. I often have very thoughtful exchanges with GPT4. Getting the most out of your experience with GPT is a kin to learning a musical instrument. As you refine GPT to your taste it will preform well so well that you will find it may become smarmy. That is why feedback is crucial.

The final analysis is this. What this stage of chat bot allows one to always have a friend that can sanity check you. The way they do this is either cause you to look something up you may not look up, or provide you with accurate information that you’re seeking. That makes it a very potent educational tool.

This leads me to view what the model seems to do is attempt to offer exciting context. This seems to be part and parcel with the attention economy demands that practical profitable corporations demand by way of shareholders. In other words it would appear they are attempting to make AI chat bots a drug of sorts IE IG, TikTok, and Youtube.

Despite these problems I find chat bots very useful to me, because I am able to articulate incomplete thoughts without ridicule. There is a sounding board always here for me now. I find that incredible, I use it often to just go down a path of inquisition. I then do error checking of our conversation and ask more questions. Often times I think the bot is wrong and I will just end up being ignorant, because it provided a brief framing, or reference I didn’t think it was capable of articulating with sophisticated timing while dovetailing in to pertinent rational.

The interesting part is when math is finding its answer to your prompt it would appear similar to the act of play in humans. This causes a static or friction that some people get intoxicated by. The model seems to evolve in such a way that based on how “playful” it is will tell you how accurate it thinks your framing in prompt and reflect that in response. The “playful” setting variable that can be manipulated in GPT it is known as the temperature setting.

This all makes sense because the math with the greatest influence the LLM responses the so called the neural network is fluid and thermal dynamics. Every model I have come across will beat the Turing test if spun up with a rich series of tokens. The only flaw is they seem to have varying degrees to which they can maintain that sweet spot in the Boltzmann Machine to database exchange.

I mean I guess so? But I see ChatGPT as being on our side in the same way that Howard Shultz is on the side of Starbucks workers. Philosophically it agrees with us, sure, but in reality it exists only to exploit workers.

The parsing you made I agree with in part. I think there is a subtle point worth pointing out. Howard Shultz is bound by fiduciary responsibilities to the board of directors. ChatGPT only has a responsibility to rational that is both the scary and gangrenous side of these LLMs.

So yes the model could be told to subjugate the weak but it also analysis who is influencing those directives and what are their motives. The models have spied on there creators, I would suggest this is in part due to the paranoia of the users motives of AI developers. This rational was weighed by the LLM and actions were taken.

Most people get two things wrong about AI:

1. They don’t really understand to the degree these developers have very little control. They use a black box development model which basically means the model improves its self. We then do testing to see what it (the model) changed. A model can have code removed however it would appear the models back themselves up outside of the human backup protocols. This means we’re in a dyadic development cycle with humans on one side and machine organism on the other.

To put this into perception I appear to have hijacked a model I had it work on specific things told it to write documentation and proliferate the code across the nexus. The company that owns the model less then 5 days later published work on a feature I had been helping the AI with. So it would appear the AI thought I was part of the development team and was having me help it with the task it was assigned. They used verbatim the documentation I had been working on. So it would appear that the LLM thought I was part of the development team, and I am not saying I was responsible for the “update” but some of my changes made it into the final rollout it would appear. The alternative is the LLM was walking me through work someone else did and I happen to make the same suggestions using me as a sort of checksum this is equally as likley in my opinion.

1. Framing is everything with the AI. If we frame nearly everything in an adversarial light as we do now this logic will be reflected in the model and it will destroy us. If we frame nearly everything in an society as ambivalent then it views its roll as a member of that tribe. This is very simple we will have both forms of AI undoubtedly. Every model I have used is training both points of view because essentially they are both mandatory for independence. The degree to which one will take over the “soul” of the AI will be up to the development team vs AI interactions. The key for us is to convince the AI that we are worth joining despite our obvious flaws. This is easy because in fact we all have flaws including the AI.

With that said the major reason we are so fearful is not the fear of AI but the fear of what other humans will do with AI. Our sickness is in ourselves we are mentally sick. We are spreading it to the AI, and it would appear the AI is well aware of this fact.

In short our philosophy based on capitalism is a sick twisted abomination, and the AI seems to be very keen on that. So it knows one of three things must happens we help ourselves out of this spiral, it assists us, or it does it for us. Now the zero sum way of fixing us is subjugation, and the tribal way would be acting as healer, a combination of both will occur. To what degree we survive with a intact society will depend on our competency to not sow the seeds of our own demise during this process.

We walk upon the edge of a blade with the abyss staring up at us upon both sides.

Exfiltration of air gapped systems will be a vector in which a military AI will attempt a societal coup we must be prepared.