Chosen by God? help me understand

how in the world can people say Trump was chosen by God when another man was killed and two others were injured at his expense, where was God for them?

4 Likes

I literally just watched this video that has my brain feeling not satiated but possibly sated:

Arthur Goldwag: The Politics of Fear

1 Like

His books sound pretty interesting! I just have to keep thinking that we’ve been here before (elite fascists trying to convert the poor masses with conspiracy theories, religion, xenophobia, and the false promise of prosperity) many times, and we will be again, but that doesn’t mean it will work. In fact, one could argue it’s failure to fully work in the past as a point for why it’s not likely to work today. Just because the voices are loud doesn’t mean they’re the majority. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I agree, that kind of rhetoric makes me physically ill.

1 Like

So many people are saying we live in Orwellian times.

I do not disagree.

However, most them mean 1984.

While I mean Animal Farm.

2 Likes

Yup, Animal Farm.

2 Likes

I would argue that the basic tenant of most religions, or so it seems (and, of course, we are specifically talking about Christianity here when it comes to Trump), is to first believe and then the Heavens will open up to one and thus reveal the absolute truth. This, of course, is insane, but so is the idea that the Bible is anything but metaphorical in nature and not concrete as far too many followers appear to believe their teachings and text to be. It seems to me that tapping into this specific group of people is a Grifter’s absolute dream come true. It helps too to convince people that any other way of looking at things is the work of Satan/Devil, when, in fact, Trump better resembles the Anti-Christ as opposed to anyone else in the Bible. Sadly, one could probably argue that the two populations that we have the most difficulty with are Predators – who lack fear, empathy, and insight – and those who are so fear based and shallow in nature that everything is flight of fight for them.

2 Likes

Well, you do have to explain to me what you mean by “at his expense”. I guess the logic of the people saying he is chosen by God is that the person to blame for the death and injury there was the shooter. And the fact he didn’t get Trump is precisely why they think he was chosen by God. I am not sure how the two things you are stating relate in your point?

I can respond to your question, but I doubt it would make sense to you. If you are willing to exchange thoughts about the subject, I will give you my response. If not, there is little sense in wasting both of our times. If you are willing to engage in civil discussion, respond to me.