"Common Corner ideas

Commonalities between Democrats and Republicans
For a possible "Common Corner " or “Commonalities Corner”
Just a few ideas I stole from the internet’s:) to get a foothold

1. National security: Both parties generally support a strong national defense and measures to protect the country from terrorism and other threats.

2. Infrastructure: Both parties recognize the need to invest in infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, and public transportation, to support economic growth and improve quality of life.

3. Criminal justice reform: There is growing bipartisan support for criminal justice reform, with both parties acknowledging the need to address issues such as mass incarceration, police brutality, and racial disparities in the justice system.

4. Trade policy: Both parties have expressed concerns about the impact of global trade on American workers and industries, and there may be some agreement on the need for fair trade practices and protection of domestic industries.

5. Support for veterans: Both parties generally support measures to provide healthcare, education, and other benefits to military veterans.

5 Likes

This looks great. It does seem there’s more and more points in common between progressives and conservatives, probably since the establishment and crazies are blocking common-sense voices more and more.

2 Likes

This is a great start. I’ll see if I can find any more to add to the list this week. You always have such great ideas!

1 Like

I believe our failing healthcare system and getting money out of politics are also two areas where we have more in common with each other. Those are two subjects where I never seem to get disagreement from someone who holds pretty different political opinions from me.

2 Likes

After some discussions it seems they’re almost has to be accountability even when doing the commonalities in other words if there is a show or panel or podcast maybe the guests come back the following week as an example and come with facts and showing why this person’s bad or that policy is bad etc… common corners is a great idea but it would need an interesting parameter to it or rebuttal of some sort