Don't piss of a whole state

For the love of tacos Cenk, brother you’re running for president now. Don’t call out a whole state like Texas. Just say conservatives, or Trumpet.

3 Likes

I’m from and live in Texas and it is annoying sometimes the the way people see us but it’s also very rational in some ways. I’ve been progressive since I was a very young boy but it does seem like unless you’re living in a major city here that people are easily stereotyped.

1 Like

As someone from California it is also the case. What it is like here and the view the rest of the US have seems to be very skewed. The rural to city divide checks out as well it is just the further away you get the more you have people think you’re a surfer or cowboy.

I would like to have a bit of a PSA to the rest of the US you can’t have all your poor train / bus here due to the weather then make fun of us because we cant house them all.

2 Likes

That is so true the way people think of almost any state. I think what cracks me up here is when a friend visits and they think everyone is going to wear cowboy hats and have southern accents which they do out in the countryside, which is where I live but I’ve never even owned a pair of blue jeans much less cowboy boots. I’ve lived here well over 40 years and if I go to the closest store they always ask if I’m from Austin or Houston. I just nod my head and leave. I assume there are plenty of people in Australia that are fed up with tourist expecting to see Dundee everywhere. lol

1 Like

He always says it’s not the people, it’s those in power who he’s referring to. Unless he states otherwise, it’s just power and politicians who he’s ripping on. Left is best.

5 Likes

I’m sure you mean to title this topic “…piss off a whole state.”

Bro, he’s not going to win anyways so fuck it. Cenk should say what needs to be said.

1 Like

And yet we all understood. Crazy how that happens.

2 Likes

What is odd is he will accuse me of positions that would make a contortionist blush, yet also seems to have the need to find and point out the the smallest error.

1 Like

I think it is more than just “city/rural” divide in my state. It is a combination of regionality, income bracket and social influences from what I can see on the day to day. The wealthiest of the state have hardline republican stances for the most part. Personal accountability, small govt (a joke but they say it), no women’s rights and a “ride the horse until it dies, then get another horse” mentality. You move down to upper middle income and while people don’t want 50% income taxes, they also have been on the edge of financial stability in their lives, and can see the benefits of better social and economic support. The lower middle class to poor are living paycheck to paycheck and probably won’t be able to vote because they have to work that day.

2 Likes

I think the barter system is going to start making a comeback. I don’t want to even say this, but I must speak my heart. It seems global food instability due to climate crisis isn’t being addressed at the rate it must be. Food production capacity / diversity is a national security concern that seems to be ignored.

3 Likes

I can definitely see a reputation that they have deserved. Kind of reminds me a friend that I use to have and couldn’t stand being around after a while. Some people lose what point they may have had just from being so disagreeable with anything and everyone. Or in short completely disrespectful for absolutely no reason other than ego.

1 Like

Well, even if we agree he’s not winning, and that he should say what needs to be said, still, I hope Cenk will recognize what actually needs to be said, and will avoid counterproductive exaggeration or conflation. Our movement is larger than his election, and he is representative of not just his election, because he is representative of our movement. And, our movement will need the support of our conservative neighbors, sooner or later.

2 Likes

Actually, our global food instability isn’t just being ignored; it is a purposeful tactic of US “security” strategy. Such is exemplary of our zero-sum, short-sighted, narrowly-tailored “logic”.

Yeah talk and actions have vast chasm between them.

The question should be how many billions can we expect to combat global hunger?

If only we could make bomb that fed people.