Getting attention from Corporate Media

How can we force corporate news to pay attention? Unless corporate media can see what is in it for THEM, they will keep shutting progressives out. SO here is my question…
How do we incentivize corporate news to be more on our side, the side of the people?? Is that a completely impossible thing to hope for??

2 Likes

It’s more of an issue is that they “ghost” TYT and other true leftist outlets. Love the idea, but we have to give them no choice but to cover TYT. People need to know their even exists a place for news that’s actually for the people. Network together to set up actions in front of their corporate headquarters and other national events, where we MAKE them notice US, causing people to ask questions. There is a constant effort by legacy players to ignore TYT, while highlighting fox and newsmax everyday.
We need an awareness campaign. I’m ready to get in an RV traveling the country through the next election, waking people up and shaming the right people, if we could crowdfund it. Report from the field, and have members vote and donate for the next mission. Like choose your own adventure. The whole time connecting voices to amplify Cenk’s message of HOPE!

6 Likes

I LOVE this idea! We need to organize more efficiently! I like the thought of holding protests in front of major news studios! Force them to see masses of people trying to get their attention!!
With all this attention on GOP speaker fights, even someone getting on camera behind Reps talking to a reporter, holding up TYT dot com signs MIGHT make a difference and let people know TYT exists! I can’t believe how long it took me to discover TYT, and I’ve been a “bleeding heart liberal” my whole life!

6 Likes

I like both of your ideas. I will say it may not be obvious but they are in a fit over TYT. You can see them loosing their minds over weather or not to cover TYT. We need to collectively push TYT to be to good to deny. Don’t fixate on the action to force an outcome. I think we should pursue a path of building great things.

It is clear we have a legacy government in many ways. We must evolve our ideas and our willingness to fail. This is why I love your actions.

Who are we waiting for?

The only way to get great things is to fight for them.

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I remember coming across a video Cenk posted at an airport in Miami years ago, he looked really familiar(msnbc?) and the way he talked about things was honest, engaging, and most importantly made sense. I’ve got tons of ideas for tshirts, Merch, to help fund, grow the audience etc. in a perfect world, people like Taylor Swift would promote TYT and other progressives to become the mainstream, giving Americans actual journalism.

4 Likes

ProgressiveX, I think you just figured it out! We try like hell to get Taylor Swift to promote TYT. Then they will be an unstoppable machine. This is KIND OF a joke, but I mean also an amazing idea that could actually have some real results! I literally know like 2 Taylor Swift songs and even I see how powerful her influence is just because I am alive in the world. Come on TYT, get on that and get an official Taylor Swift endorsement already!

5 Likes

Hello,

@nebethet @ProgressiveX @enduser

I do have an idea that sounds crazy, but it is only because it contains Taylor Swift (and some cartoon characters). I will post and tag you alone to see if you guys are on board.

2 Likes

this is a test

1 Like

Is it ONLY a test? lol

1 Like

Use the media against itself, getting in the background of morning shows, rallys, on site reporters, sporting events… every time people see TYT, or an awesome logo about an issue we are promoting, people look it up, and we win. Find these opportunities (like with Micheal Shore at Trump rallys) not only getting in front of cameras, but showing Maga we want the same things… carefully, respectfully.
It’s all about perception, can’t be percieved if we aren’t seen. We will not be seen without numbers.

This (RV) is a great idea and could perhaps be a caravan of sorts following candidates in the primaries. Members can provide local assistance even if it’s simply a shower or a meal.

If we want to turn voters against Biden in the primaries, we need to go old school and run some old time cars with speakers through retirement neighborhoods spouting better social security and medicare. It’s an oldly but a goody especially not having to follow the full repitition model. Just makes sure it’s heard (get the attention) then put the video online. Everytime there is a loud sound in our neighborhood the facebook group lights up like a christmas tree.

3 Likes

They should have Blue Apron partner with them, and sponsor some giveaways. If they come bearing gifts it would likely get a warm reception.

1 Like

Ozabud, this is AMAZING! I want this to happen so much!! Following candidates is KEY! Also, winning over Trump supporters who are just populists distrustful of government is ESSENTIAL! We need to pull those anti-establishment people into our big tent with LOVE and understanding and good old fashioned camaraderie.
I feel like a progressive candidate’s REAL secret weapon is winning over those Trumpers. Sure the QAnon peeps might be too far gone but here in PA I’m quite literally surrounded by Trump supporters (most don’t display it but WILL vote for him) who are LEGIT GOOD PEOPLE! Many think they are just fighting the corrupt establishment and don’t trust corporate media. Ironically, though many get their political opinions from their boomer parents who just parrot FoxNews. The rest talk of debt and fiscal responsibility to justify a Trump vote. We NEED those people. They are just blinded, we need to grab those people and wake them up!

Edit for this sidenote…
I know many intelligent completely “normal” seeming people who say they will NEVER vote for a democrat because of…are you ready….”partial birth abortion”!!! No amount of me explaining how wrong that is changes their mind. I get that Dems and media are like “that’s crazy, they are unique cases”. Wrong! Really smart people think this way! There HAS to be more marketing explaining all the time that that is NOT something to fear.

3 Likes

People DO love free food! :wink:

2 Likes

as long as talking about getting attention, if we collaborated with enough people, could we organize rolling protests at banks across US?

Banks feel scary. I think Swat would show up in a lot of areas. They’ll starts saying you’re starting a heist. Too risky. I feel like News stations or places where politicians or presidential candidates are would be better.

perhaps it is too scary. I was also thinking that obstructing banks wouldn’t really hurt the international capitalist oligarchy too much. I was thinking train stations and coastal ports would be better for that (what if we obstructed all major ports at once; probably even scarier though, if more effective). we could demand nationalizing our oil. but that is all a bit out there mb. other targets could be the federal reserve, or maybe court houses, or the supreme court. we could demand unpacking the court, and/or packing the court, or court reform. many things needing targeted, many demands needing to be made. but, nothing really seems just right to me yet.

I’m gunna go make another topic thread about a class action lawsuit against the federalist society, for damages to the legitimacy of our court system. it would great to watch how many judges recuse themselves.

The bigger and more creative it is, the easier it is to help people feel something. Music and creative visuals are excellent ways to get people’s feels to come out. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And I’m not sure you can get any bigger than T-Swift, so it HAS to be her. lol

I love the idea of getting in front of MSM buildings with as many people as possible to force MSM to pay attention to TYT. I asked on my Facebook page (yeah, I’m older) if anyone who only follows MSM had heard Cenk is running for prez. The few who responded said no, but one posted she’d seen it in The Guardian (and she’s the type who probably went out and looked for it before responding – not saying that’s bad, it’s not, but I think she just hadn’t heard until I prompted her). But The Guardian is subscriber-supported, not corporate media. Anyway, New Yorkers could stand outside the windows of the morning shows with TYT and Cenk for President signs!

3 Likes

Why not have Cenk stand out there and do something that would go viral?

3 Likes

I think Cenk should show his support with the UAW strike. Make an appearance and tell them that he supports them. Encourage them to ask for more than whatever their current terms are. I think that would get some attention.

1 Like