Link: Sen. Whitehouse (D-RI) on the capture of SCOTUS

For your consideration, below is a link to an ongoing YouTube video series by Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), “exposing the scheme by right-wing donor interests to capture the U.S. Supreme Court and achieve through the Court’s power what they cannot through other branches of government”.

The Scheme: Sheldon’s Court Capture Speeches

3 Likes

The most recent upload, episode 30, is a good overview thus far of the series.

1 Like

Showed up in my feeds while I was lunching, Sen Whitehouse laid this out in epic fashion. It’s a complex scheme that his video lays bare, and it was good that he also explains what is being done about it. I hope TDR covers it tomorrow, I bet it will be a segment on the main show.
Def watch it if you’re sickened by the SCROTUS actions, it’s enlightening

1 Like

Leonard Leo. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Thank you for the links, especially the one for the 30th video, as I am unable to watch them all in a timely fashion. It’s amazing how people can have it all laid out before then and still not see it as a problem. One problem I see with trying to explain such facts is the information has to be more understandable to a majority of audiences. For example, when writing medical information for patient-facing material, you must write so those with an eighth grade education can understand it. The same goes for politics. Political facts are great, but they mean nothing if a cast majority of the people won’t understand it or want to read it. We need lay-language, simple infographics, and a bit of ethos.

2 Likes