Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11

I received this email today for anyone who may be interested. It was discussed on TYT the other night.

WATCH: Fahrenheit 9/11 + Live Q&A
Tonight at 9pm ET/6pm PT

Michael Moore
Sep 10

TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT!
And you are in the right place!
Join me on this, the eve of the 20th anniversary of 9/11, for a special free screening of my film, Fahrenheit 9/11 at 9pm ET/6pm PT tonight (Friday, September 10th).
The film and the live Q&A (with special guests) will be airing in the video player above. All you need to do at 9pm ET is hit play! (If the stream stops for whatever reason, just refresh this page).
If you’d like to watch on your TV via YouTube, open the YouTube app and type “Michael Moore” into the search function. Or go to my YouTube channel here.
Please invite friends and family to watch the film with you tonight from their homes, free of charge — just forward this email to them!
If you are not yet a FREE subscriber to my weekly Substack newsletter, click the “subscribe now” button (all you have to do is mark the box that says “free”).
OR — If you’d like to additionally support our film and activist work, please join the thousands who have become founding members of my Substack platform. These paid members, in addition to receiving my weekly newsletter and podcast, will join me from their homes for a special “Mike’s Movie Night” each month, plus receive invites to live online Q&As with me, sneak peeks of my works-in-progress and other cool stuff. Subscribe for free OR become a paid member here:
Subscribe now

Over the years I’ve heard from so many of you about the night you first saw Fahrenheit 9/11, a film that set numerous box office records — long lines, packed theaters, standing ovations to credits rolling a movie screen, and unscheduled additional screenings instantly added by hundreds of theaters well into the night. There were large emotional screenings in military towns, in inner cities, in suburbs, in theaters from Nome, Alaska to Key West, Florida. The film opened at #1 in every state, including every red state in the country. Some theater chains refused to show it, the studio that had funded it had announced it wouldn’t distribute it, Karl Rove later admitted he dispatched an intern to southeast D.C. to illegally obtain a bootleg copy of the film so he could figure out how to stop it. Some of you took your kids to see it, even though it was rated “R”. Some of you were those kids.
I’ve heard your stories about what this film has meant to you, or how it shaped your worldview, your value system, or something it inspired you to do in your city or town to try and stop these wars and help fix our country and this planet. I can’t thank you enough for embracing my movie and turning it into what is still the #1 documentary in film history. Your words mean more to me than you will ever know. Thank you.
And to those of you who tonight will watch Fahrenheit 9/11 for the first time — well, get ready. You will see and hear things not brought to you by the corporate-owned media. You will be shocked by how little has changed. The issues it raises remain painfully relevant in the world we are living in now. And the burden to solve these problems still falls on all our shoulders.
I hope it will inspire you to help us fix it. I will watch it with you tonight and be live with you afterward to take your questions and hear your comments.
With much gratitude and love,
Michael Moore

P.S. If you’d like me to answer a question of yours after the film during the live Q&A, please email me your question or comment at [email protected]

2 Likes