Nancy Pelosi "The Hard Way or the Easy Way"

Nancy Pelosi was pivotal in Biden stepping down from the nom under political pressure and the threat of a Donor money-cott. As a long term bagman (both the informal US and Canadian usages) for her party, did Pelosi organize or at least advise the Donor$ in this or perhaps she out right directed it?

1 Like

I thought Cenk and the TYT audience convinced Biden to step aside… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

We certainly didn’t hurt!

1 Like

Nor help! :smile:

And how do you prove that?

1 Like

That’s the beauty of the claim, it’s unfalsifiable. So Cenk feels free to tell his audience we played a role in Biden’s stepping down, or at least the part of the TYT membership who told him to run for president when he polled the question did, knowing there’s no way to prove otherwise. The implication… his failed bid contributed to the vibes or something.

Yet, if one followed the whole saga of Biden’s bowing out, as we did, there’s no indication Biden had any intention of doing so until the debate showed everyone he’s not capable of campaigning anymore. IOW, without the president’s justification for running imploding spectacularly, his candidacy would have continued. And still, no one would have mentioned or even considered the wishes of Cenk Uygur and the TYT audience, because we’ve been thoroughly discredited in the eyes of the political class and media.

I still hold out hope this can be reversed, especially if the political winds continue to shift in favor of progressives. But Cenk’s insistence that he/we influenced this electoral cycle strikes me as the very kind of gaslighting bullshit he and Ana claim they alone in all of media avoid doing to their audience. Please.

1 Like

You are making a lot of assumptions. It seems likely Pelosi’s opposition to Biden predated the debate. The debate is certainly a proximate cause of Biden’s exit. Biden was behind in the polls b4 the debate bc there was a growing awareness of his lack of competency and TYT’s coverage of this added to that awareness and so, in some general contributed in at least some general way to Biden’s exit…

1 Like

I’m making a lot of assumptions? :thinking:

So Cenk’s candidacy and the supposed influence of the TYT audience wasn’t thoroughly ignored by almost the entirety of the political media and D.C. crowd? I only ever heard it mentioned a couple of times on the Majority Report. Every other time I heard Biden’s primary challengers discussed, there was no inclusion of Uygur. Phillips, Williamson, Kennedy… yes. Cenk, never.

Maybe there’s some proof out there I missed, otherwise “vibes”, which again, can’t be disproven, but can be asserted.

1 Like

When polls asked people if they support Joe Biden and many of them answered No Because He Is Too Old some of those people were TYT viewers.

1 Like

Sadly, Biden has become so cognitively compromised and frail that any other option but him dropping out of the race would have constituted Elder Abuse in it’s purest form. What the Democrats did to Dianne Feinstein before her passing was just Barbaric as though they were going to continue to push her rotting corpse onto the Senate Floor in order to maintain their position of Power. If they could have, they certainly would have. Likewise, Trump being allowed to continue to run not only being a convicted Felon, but an extremely mentally ill and cognitively declining elder, himself, is simply mind blowing. It’s almost as though the entire country has completely lost it’s collective mind. Of course, the sickest part of all of this is how the Corporate owned media seems to normalize all of this as though, “Yeah, sure, it is business as usual here.” I remember Pelosi trying to punk AOC when she first arrived on the Hill, so surprise, surprise that she is playing the proverbial role as “the muscle” of the Democratic Party. This whole election process this time around has gone from the surreal to the sublime.

2 Likes

The reason we have so many weirdos and fools in our public and political lives is because that is the way the Oligarchs who run this country want it.

1 Like

Agreed. What other kind of person in their right mind would want a job like this, where you are constantly kissing the backends of some absolutely terrible people, who treat you as though you are less than human. People think there is a secret to climbing the ladder in this Capitalist system. It’s very simple: lack empathy, fear, and insight, and be as brutal, manipulative, and ruthless as it takes to take advantage of others, even at the cost of breaking the law. I remember years ago that Mother Jones Magazine did an article that showed what it would take to buy the loyalty of an elected representative. I thought it must be, at least, in the six figures, but, “No,” it was anywhere from a thousand to five thousand dollars to get someone to literally sell their Soul. I realized then what an unfeeling and ruthless group the ruling class was. They are pathetic and we are pathetic for tolerating it. It’s really not hard to imagine a French Revolution type event happening in this country at some point. In some ways, our decision to continue to vote for the lesser of Evils in this country by Voting Democrat is actually protecting this Ruling Class from getting people so angry that they revolt.

2 Likes

Check out coumos interview with John Morgan. He is a Biden mega donor and they tell the whole story. It was a great watch.

2 Likes