Neocons in the Democratic Party

Hello i understand Anas frustration with these people. They will influence the Democrats to go further right. My husband says the more support the better and doesn’t mind as he wants to beat Trump.
The Neocons seem to be doing their part to elect Kamala as evidences the The Bulwark’s focus groups and Rick Wilsons Lincoln Project. What do you guys think?
Here is an example of what im referring to from The Bulwark which is opposite perspective on Kamala/ Liz Cheany story covered on TYT: https://youtu.be/aWWiWfHeqEo?si=KewNo2gBZhm8nmPL

2 Likes

I agree with both sides on this. I think the #1 thing right now is making sure that tRump stays out of the White House because that will destroy the USA and create a a fascist dictatorship. At the same time a lot of stuff Kamala Harris is saying is on the Right side of the Political Spectrum. I’m with Cenk on this in that we make sure that tRump doesn’t win and then put super pressure on the Harris Administration to not do all the right wing stuff she is promising. Don’t forget she is a politician and probably lying about 90% of the stuff. If that is the case then hopefully she’s lying to the Center-Right voters and will actually do some good stuff for us on the “Left”

3 Likes

Those Neocons need to publicly atone for their crimes. IMHO.

4 Likes

Yes i totally agree with you. None of them have that i have seen. I watch The Bulwark as i like that they do the Focus groups. Most of these Neocons feel entitled to be a part of the Never Trump Movement and they feel like them championing for Kamala is enough. I think they need to repent. Alot of those people are why we have Trump in the 1sf place and these wars abroad!

3 Likes

Exactly! Instead, Dems keep laundering their reputations for them.

3 Likes

Yes! And for me, Dick Cheney is at the top of that list. In many ways, he was Trump before Trump was. And he definitely helped set the stage for the Orange fascist. Imagine if was the other way around, and Cheney was leading this version of the Republican Party? 2020 would have been even worse!

3 Likes

While I understand how many would find it upsetting, I think it’s a good thing. I believe there are a lot of people who are afraid or not willing to vote Democrat even though they can’t stand Trump or what he stands for. They must hear from established Republicans and Conservatives that they are willing to do so. I find it exciting that so many different people are united behind a mixed woman. I know most people claim to hate identity politics, but I find it’s mostly those who have the luxury of having societal and governmental representation. Also, I am sick of the us v them. This country is made up of people with many different moral stances, and we have to try to all work together. Besides, Republicans and Conservatives are not the only politicians whom many would like to see “atone” or “repent.” (I typically don’t like words like atone and repent, and am only using them because they were used in prior posts.)

3 Likes

I am fully supportive of establishment Repubs voting for Kamala. Like you said, it encourages Republican voters to do so, hopefully. Republican and Democratic voters agree on a ton of issues, and like you, I want to break down the us vs them aspect. What I don’t want is Dems fawning over Republican politicians, bringing them into the party, and moving the party further right, which is what tends to happen. Let then endorse Kamala, then move on. And I agree with your point about atonement. I’m not looking for that either. But let’s not launder their reputations for them either.

Dick Cheney is a different animal. As I said earlier, he is, in my book, every bit as bad is Trump. And given the opportunities Trump had, he would have done even more damage than Trump. He’s not opposed to what Trump stands for. He is cut from the same, anti-democracy cloth as Trump, though his motives differ. If Trump was a serial killer with 100 victims, Cheney would be a serial killer with 85 victims. I would not align with either of them to defeat the other. Also, I want Kamala to win. Many of those Republican voters we want to reach cannot stand Cheney, not to mention Democratic voters. I fear such an alignment would literally cost her votes on both sides.

3 Likes