Operation Hope Begins!

I too watched and it was very informative. Itoo have add on’s "if Corporations do the paid family leave and offer childcare discounts or actual care at buisness, they get a tax break…They are so worried about those maybe that is a way to give and take…

5 Likes

I’m eager to contribute my 30 years of experience in Information Technology to streamline and enhance the effectiveness of operation HOPE.

During the early stages of the pandemic, I made an effort to contact TYT to offer my assistance in developing a customized, user-friendly open source single-point access online system for your daily shows. However, I encountered challenges in establishing that connection. I hope I can make that connection now.

I’ve invested a significant amount of time in the past in attempting to reach out to the individuals overseeing different campaigns by volunteering. I began by volunteering with Bernie’s campaign, followed by Cenk’s campaign, and then Justice Democrats. I observed many places where improvements could’ve been made to save volunteers time and make them more effective, plus reduce errors that waste time.

I did make contact at Justice Democrats, but it took over a year to have a conversation with someone at Justice Democrats to talk about what I had to offer but became frustrated with the outcome.

Contact me at [email protected] or 607–216-5589.
P.S.
Just got a notice that justice is coming to my house signed by Cenk! Let’s bring justice to the rest of the country, too!
The interview with Ro Khanna was enlightening and invigorating to understand the possibilities presented.

9 Likes

Check out this morning’s timely article by Chris Hedges titled “Why Our Popular Mass Movements Fail.” You can read it on Substack at the Chris Hedges Report.

Additionally, if you haven’t read the book “Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It,” It reviews essential concepts we should possibly embrace to accomplish what we need. You can find it on Amazon.

3 Likes

There is no need of that much manpower for this. For digital data (tweets, emails) there is no challenge: a) tweets with specific hashtag and b) mail copy to a the TYT email designated for this effort, in the case of emails. The challenge is in the case of letters (mail address is the info provided on congress website) and there may be many of these. But if they are printed, AI can be used to digitalize.

For reading and classifying, NLP (Natural Learning Processing) and RegEx (Regular Expressions) algorithms can be used to filter and classify these. All the above can be done by one person.
I also have another idea (that can –or not– be combined with this one) on how to exert external pressure for legislation. Not only Paid Family Leave, but for any legislation… as it should be in a democracy. I’ll expand on this by replying to your main post of this discussion board.

1 Like

As to make these easily consumable, we can do a meta-analysis on them and compare these with the stats available for these types of social-economic issues, make a video clip with these infographics and start the conversation/pressure. Infographics (quality standard: so understandable, that any end user has no other choice than to get the right insights from the charts) included on all platforms (video clips, TYT website on specific webpage, and add-on on the TYT App), email blast. But not just these (I will expand on these on subsequent replies).

I am a data-scientist and statistician, web and app developer and can bring my technical skills, creativity, political savviness, and ability to smell the cheese. But all these are dwarfed by my passion and commitment to this. Please DM me at x(formerly Twitter) @4th_Wall_Dragon or my email: [email protected]. These have been created for the sole purpose of communicating for these endeavors (before Operation Hope but something like this was bound to happen as being Impactful and productive is in the blueprint of TYT).

3 Likes

Operation Hope has a greater goal of

and I have a set of ideas for that (Thanks TYT for the inspiration). In this thread, however, I will be referring only to Cenk’s first idea, that is

and will expand in the general goal on a separate reply.

Now, the proposal: Jackson White (and some more people) has brought to existence an app that is a significant portion of what I am going to propose (we can start from scratch, but I am being pragmatic here). Jackson’s consumes congress’s API and outputs to the end-user the legislation in congress and some associated information (status, proposed by, sponsors).

What this is lacking is at least two components (I say this because, there would be a third if the letter idea can be combined with this, since this could be the app used as middleman for the letters/tweets/mail):

1. Voting records.

2. An extra layer for Analysis of these info from which we can obtain, and easily show to the end user, insights that include (but not limited to) the following:

I. We can make a segmentation of pro-Corporation Vs pro-People legislation, calculate and show how prompt and effective are members of congress when it relates to any of these types of legislations. We can combine these with the voting records and also cross-reference with campaign funding via Open-Secrets API.

If we can show with such detail what goes on in congress paired with context, we can have an electorate more knowledgeable and more prone to exert pressure via this app/add-on to the TYT website.

5 Likes

You have some cool ideas. I think we need a dashboard that has an omnidimensional quality.

Data driven draft legislation is a pretty solid idea but it only really works if the data has integrity. Legislative intent is only part of the puzzle. I think we also need to study impact and enforcement more closely. Data collected must be broad and hold integrity to be useful. This is very difficult when dealing with courts due to the bias entanglements.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Data is powerful. This can be done on that stage too.

3 Likes

I think some form of peaceful protest outside repersentives offices we have to not only be herd by mail email and social media, but we need to be seen in numbers! also work with other leftist independent media and youtubers together we have a lot of reach!!! Even if we have disagrements we all agree on this!! The American ppl deserve a life with out hunger or not having decent cloths to the point ppl make fun of them!!

7 Likes

I know this will be a long shot, but it is needed if we are ever going to reach some semblance of economic equality. The hourly wage needs to be abolished for w-2 wage employees. Each hour of work a person is scheduled should receive an hourly based salary. If an employee works 15 hours each week, they should know that they can depend on 15 consistent hours every week, along with a consistent paycheck. The legislation would include three levels of employment, (limited 0-15hrs, part-time15-25/30hrs, full-time25/30-40hrs) and any overtime would be negotiated as a w-9 contracted employee. The contracted employee can also be utilized for small business that may not be able to afford salaried employees so that an hourly wage could be negotiated. Obviously we need to reign in the corporate rule as first, otherwise they’ll just artificial inflate the things we purchase as they always do.

#cenk2024

Read my book!
bottlerocketpress dot com

2 Likes

Instead of writing letters to feckless politicians, let’s barage ALL the mainstream media with letters. Let’s have the letters be crafted (ah marketing) to be a “poll” message regarding the “bipartisan” “PEOPLE” want Paid Family Leave with a demand (ok request) for honest reporting and excellent journalism on the topic. The BARAGE of letters must happen within a small window time frame so it has a massive impact (and multiple set dates to do the baraging on either repeat topic or the next one on our list.)

3 Likes

What about the masses of us responding to an X Twitter post of say, Trump, or some other person with a large following, all of us, one by one with the same message on a specific date to a specific post so that it CAN’T BE MISSED BY THE MASSES. Might be an interesting way to get big media coverage and social media coverage, a twofer! The coordinating of the “When to Barrage” would be key. We could all find 3 minutes at the same time for Operation Barrage.

7 Likes

I don’t know what would be required, but why doesn’t a People’s PAC exist? Why can’t we use the dirty tricks of our rivals against them? We definitely couldn’t outspend every monied interest, but if we focus on one policy at a time, surely we could raise the funds to outbribe the competition.

2 Likes

Writing articles for local news papers could be an option. I live in a pretty progressive town and one of our local news papers regular post local citizen’s opinion pieces on various policies and decisions going on in town. I am sure other local papers may allow the same.

Someone else mentioned going to events to talk about it. Could we organize local events to talk about the bill and why family leave is important? I know our art museum has hosted talks with Dem groups. Wonder if we could do something similar? Maybe get an idea list of places that would allow speaking events and ways to promote them in local news, event websites, social media, etc.

I volunteered as an event support lead for both the Bernie campaigns. I am all for helping out a strong progressive option. We are in deep need for change that helps the working people.

4 Likes

We need all level work-share or PT work options in significant positions so our children don’t have to be exclusively raised by daycare providers! There needs to be more PT daycare so women can work PT plus the children get socialization. Win/Win! So many stay-at-home mom’s would love a way to stay gainfully employed. Many ppl would work part-time for a good wage & benefits options that don’t have children under 16 at home. America needs to get family friendly and work/balance friendlier! How can we have come so far in the last century yet be working more, 24/7 availability to a job/career? All the tech advancements were supposed to make our lives easier! I left my 6fig job. I have a real story about that. America is set up for the rich to profit from our hard work. Every company should offer profit sharing. Independents contractors or part time employees need healthcare benefits vs rejected by private insurers for pre-existing conditions. Healthcare and scripts shouldn’t only be for the rich or FTE’s.

1 Like

I’m wondering where my local progressive movement even is??? I google libertarian party or even “forward party” and I get quick access to what they are about and how to connect to those near me and more. Progressives may not be a party, but surely if i google “progressive party” or “progressive movement,” I should get something leading me to the movement that nearly launched bernie to the presidency, and yet I don’t see anything helpful!? If youre going to get past corp dems and media, then u do need a grassroots movement to push this or any other issue (ahem biden out). And to do that, uneducated people need to be able to find you. Whether it’s progressive, populist or whatever you want to call yourself, there needs to be an easy to find and navigate a WEBSITE. it can’t be tyt if you are trying to fuel a movement.
2. Have some eye catching MERCHANDISE with some type of symbol/color so people identify that progressives are all around them (like Trumpers). There’s so much you could do (tyt already does a good job as compared to dem party) that can get people to ask questions/notice you. Currently people I know thinks of LG+ and social handouts when they think of progressives, you need to get out that you are more. I really think people would choose candidates that are anti-establishment, anti-corruption, anti-loopholes for the wealthy and connected even if they were “democrats.” If that’s where the bernie movement wants to go then you need to make it known.
I know you guys love bernie, but what did he really do??? He took all of the enthusiasm for a populist/progressive movement and then turned it over to corporate dems TWICE and all that energy and organization appears to have dissipated? I’m not on board with progressives on a lot of things, but I’m tired of the political duopoly and corporate oligarchy and will support the progressives if they can get their sh*t together. This conversation is a good start, but shouldn’t be the start. The squad is an embarrassment to your movement. They did exactly as I would have expected which is why I’m leery of supporting you guys.
Cenk is strong and can bring the fight but is he tempered enough to be commander in chief???
Would love to see Jon Stewart run! Anyone talk to him about this?
3. Try to get together EVENTS, local or even big that have entertainment value but also educate people. Maybe this is more on the right, but many ppl want to feel connected to a group/something meaningful. Trump stole that from the right and has effectively used it to create a monstrous following. What does the left have in comparison?
4. Keep pushing the SINGLE LINE VOTES. Ppl think both sides are corrupt, they need to know that progressives (at least I hope) are not. Progr could call out the corruption of their colleagues, or shame the demparty for underfunding progr candidates while backing right wingers OR they could do the single line items votes and let the corruption speak for itself…

2 Likes

Boy if we could trojan horse Nina in there. I like the open secrets app if anyone can get that done, God you are awesome. Paid family leave can be mentioned to someone like Jon Stewart (as well as a beg from me to run) Let him work on it like he has for our vets. This man will be back on air soon, and he gets stuff done. If someone knows him enough let him know we need a fighter for this as we have been supporting it from both sides. You would think this would be good common sense. That lacks in the House.

2 Likes

Honesty it seems like the fastest way to get progressive changes implemented is to go to state and local politics. Implement these policies on a state by state level through ballot measures and help organize union drives to improve workers conditions. National politics move way too slow or not at all. I think this is a more direct way to improve people lives but I’m all for trying everything.

1 Like

Combining Jackson White’s Politiscope with OpenSecrtes is totally doable. I had started working on the visual analysis layer already but had to pause to make a TYT/JIC promo video. I have finished the video, for now all my efforts are in Operation Hope and getting to have Cenk approval on 2 key portions of the promo video, before it can go public. I really hope he can hop on the conversation soon.