OWIE! Or How I Ended a Perfectly Good Day in Pain

I am looking for humor laden sympathy. Yesterday I broke a tooth and injured a ligament in my back. OW!!! (Yes, I had to make an appointment with the dentist because it’s tearing up my tongue. And with a chiropractor because I need that ligament to work so I can move. I don’t know how I’m gonna pay them, but that’s the state of our country, eh).

We need Expanded Medicare for All! Or some kind of universal healthcare system!

NOW!!!

Thanks for reading my rant.

2 Likes

Personally, I think this is the number one thing we should be working on. Medical bills should not even stress people out, let alone put them in a financial disaster. Health is one of our most basic needs. Healthy citizens create a healthy country, period! Please keep us posted. While I know it doesn’t help, my thoughts are with you.:heart:

2 Likes

Your post supports my emotional health, so I am grateful drea_m_r_76!

2 Likes

On the other hand, I am so exhausted that I am allowing myself lots of breaks. One I’d like to share is listening to Richard Wolff!

2 Likes

I get all my laughs on Social Media now as I watch the MAGAts either fawn over JD Vance or cry about Kamala and now Walz

3 Likes

Hey Patricia , I know a lot about pain if you need to reach out . It seems a chiropractor can help you immensely. Believe me , 30 years ago , I was in dire need and they helped tremendously. As far as payment , I know that the system can’t touch you if you make a good faith minimal payment . Whether it is $10 ,$15 , or $20 , as long as you make those payments , you can work with them and negotiate paying interest . Until I received health insurance , this was the de rigeur for me for over 30 years . Good Luck ! Jack [Jackc380]

2 Likes

Thank you Jackc! Yes, I do indeed know how helpful a chiropractor can be and I’ve made an arrangement with one that I know.

Hopefully the ligament will cooperate, but so far, not so much. Still, sometimes these internal injuries take their own time about healing.

1 Like

How have you been doing? Sorry that I haven’t checked in sooner. I hope you’re feeling all better! :heart: