Project Maine

Prof. Lessig talked to us on the town hall a couple of weeks ago about helping with the Maine ballot initiative. I want to get that started here and figure out how we can help.

First thing to do is research. Then ideas and then execution. So, can someone first pull up the language of the ballot initiative, so we can all see it?

And in this case, I know we don’t need signatures beacuse it’s already on the ballot. So, we’ll get right into ideas as soon as we can see what the ballot measure looks like. Thanks!

2 Likes

Kyle from Maine Citizens to End SuperPACs is planning to join the town hall next week (Aug 7) to let us all know how we can help them. https://www.citizenstoendsuperpacs.org/

3 Likes

I have also started a thread for this over in the TYT Discord here: Discord

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Depending on the timing I’d be happy to do some phone banking for the Maine ballot initiative! I did some phone banking back in 2018 for Brand New Congress for one of their candidates.

1 Like

I’ve never phone banked before, tho it has courted me many times. I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Cenk , as of August 11 , 5 statewide ballot measures were certified on the ballot for Maine. Question 1 on the ballot is asking voters if they want a limit of $5000. on contributions from individual donors and Super Pacs for the 2024 year. This is on the ballot for the November election. So they got enough signatures to put it on the ballot Best , Jack

2 Likes

If you want to phone bank for Maine: Hubdialer.com Log In “I Am a volunteer” Campaign ID 40183. Passcode: 207207

2 Likes

It was fun phone banking yesterday!

I was very nervous at first, but for there’s an easy script you follow, people were nice and after the first couple of calls I got in the zone. #CenkWasRight

So if you’re on the fence about whether to phone bank I say go for it. I’ll try to do some more sometime next week.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t help. I was too nervous/anxious because I didn’t know what to do, and I missed the last couple of meetings. After reading what @eclecticmisc had to say, I hope I get another chance to help. Sorry! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes