Ranked Polling (Game Theory)

Hey All,

In a reply to a post, I explained the potential game-changing (game as in game theory) influence of ranked-choice (RC) polling (as opposed to standard polling) to establish stable voting blocks by democratic means. To be clear, I am not a game theorist, but I am a computational theorist, and the principles of game theory concepts are within my wheelhouse.

Discoordination of people and a mainstream narrative that decides how|what information is distributed forces people to select a (democratically) sub-optimal option to avoid spoiling. Polling is often constructed with the condition “if the election was held today, […]”. It is a seemingly reasonable and inert condition, but it can have a strong influence on results.

The website is a trusted and scalable RC polling platform and could provide a means of coordinating voting efforts. I have purchased a subscription to see what it has to offer, and it is incredible. I will post an example RC poll for the Democratic Primary in the Discord server.

I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts and discuss these ideas.

2 Likes

Thanks for your collaboration, @smith_rick87
Your link has been published

2 Likes

Rank choice seems good I think the fact we have to sign up is a hurdle. Maybe we got the wrong link?

This is accurate in my estimates.

3 Likes

sign up only necessary for creating polls (or if the poll requires email). here is the Dem Primary example:

<RankedVote>

2 Likes
1 Like