Registering as an Independent, yea or nay?

Is registering as an independent a sensible thing to do for an individual on the left?[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]

• Yea
  • Nay

"Your party affiliation is usually only important in primary elections. Many states have ā€œclosedā€ primaries. This means that you can only vote for your partyā€™s candidates in its primary election. Learn about the different types of primary elections."
It depends on where you live and which elections are important to you.

2 Likes

Thank you, I tried to make a poll for voting but failed lol. I had checked to see if my state allowed independents to vote in democratic primaries and they do. I just got sick of being on their mailing lists. More importantly, I donā€™t feel that the party represents me and Iā€™ve never liked the right wing. Never. Although, most independents I know tend to be right wing apologists without fully committing to the lunacy. I managed to unsubscribe from the infestation of DNC emails for the most part. Iā€™m just curious what people think. I donā€™t think I will change my affiliation. I just loath the passive-aggressive, shrugged shouldered, ā€œwell, what could we do???ā€ politics of neoliberals. I do think a demographic shift is coming up the pike, but consolidation of corporate power will be a hard thing to take down. The judiciary will be on their side for years to come and theyā€™re always scheming ahead.

1 Like

I think it depends on the state youā€˜are from! I would check how voting in your state works especially during primaries

1 Like

Thank you, itā€™s okay to do that in Colorado. Itā€™s a bit disingenuous of me because Iā€™ve never voted for an (R) in my life and donā€™t see that happening, ever. I feel estranged with how fiscally conservative Democrats have become. Concerning both sides of the aisles I feel like, ā€œIā€™m affiliated with none of you.ā€ lol. I just donā€™t see corporate capture of DC abating in the future, they have it pretty well knit up. I could use some of Cenkā€™s optimism and I hold out some hope for the younger generations shifting the political landscape in the future.