Something Trump got right?

The only thing i can think of, that Trump actually got right, is when he referred to evangelical pastors as “hustlers”. As they say, game recognizes game. I would have to take it further though, and include all religions.

3 Likes

The Trump administration implemented a rule regarding think tanks that serve as advisors to the US government. They were required to inform the govt. if they had representatives of foreign governments on the board. Interestingly, the Biden administration allowed that rule to lapse.
Trump also increased funding to HBSUs. At the same time, he decreased the number of Pell grants that students need to attend those colleges, so that is sort of a wash.
Trump also implemented a provision to eliminate surprise billing from hospitals. Unfortunately, the enforcement mechanism was weak. Also, the financial penalty for non-compliance was small enough for hospitals to simply view it as “the cost of doing business.” And most of them did. A 2023 report found that only 25% of them were in full compliance. Worse, the hospitals operating under the umbrella of the largest hospital group (Whose name escapes me at the moment) had a zero percent compliance rate. So even when he gets it right, Trump usually gets it wrong lol!

4 Likes

When he said his daughter was hot? :person_shrugging:t2::person_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey Anthony , the think tank Project 2025 comes from is the Heritage Foundation. Truly evil people. On a side note , I’m shouting in the wilderness about government intrusion in good peoples’ lives. After my procedure this morning { for Chronic pain] , I alerted the head nurse that the DEA is implementing a stoppage of Nurses going to patients domiciles to administer opiates . I have a pain pump in my side that dispenses Morphine 24/7. The nurse comes to my apartment , retracts what morphine is left , dispenses it by government standards , and through a syringe and plastic tubing , fills my pump. They use telemetry to report to the company the exact amount to the millimeter . I am seeing my pain nurse this Monday to receive Morphine. My doctor who performed surgery today wants me to call his office and alert them after my pain nurse gives me morphine. This DEA ruling affects everybody- the doctors , nurses , patients. My doctor is the best in the state for pain management. Anthony , I can’t survive if I don’t these opioids. They save my life! I’m sure this is political- since drugs are involved , I must be treated like a drug addict. I have been on opioids for over 11 years , I think I know how to work around them, It is the chronic pain that fucks me up, not the opiates. Sorry for the rant , if you have an idea mitigating this problem , let me know. Thanks , Anthony. Jack

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll give him that one lol!

2 Likes

I hear you, my brother. With all the ills facing our society, they’re focused on depriving people of essential medications? We are broken, broken, broken!

2 Likes

I will pray for my brothers healing. :pray: Medicare for All , i am always fighting to ease the stress involved with dealing with the burocracy . Patients should get what doctors say they need without question.

2 Likes