Student Loan Debt: Limited PSLF waiver

Hey guys, this is my first time using the TYT forum, so bear with me.

I’m writing this because I’m getting concerned and as a teacher trying to figure out the PSLF waiver while trying to get to a full time position. I’m concerned that this is gonna get swept under the rug.

With the exception of MO-01 representative Cori Bush mentioning MOHELA’s involvement in the process and some tweets from the twitter account, The Debt Collective (@StrikeDebt), it hasn’t gotten much media attention. It is VERY important for President Biden and Education Secretary Miguel Cardona to extend the deadline to July 2023. Given that midterms are coming up, he could at least do something so it would show that Democrats are not “lame ducks” on a issue. It is set to expire on Halloween and millions of people who work in public service are gonna be left out of the limited waiver. Can anyone help spread the word about this on social media and on their shows urging President Biden to extend the deadline until July 2023? More than 100 democrats in Congress are pushing Biden to extend the waiver. And there is a bill in Congress that would make the benefits of the PSLF waiver permanent. They are also talking about this on Twitter but it hasn’t gotten as much attention as it should. I’m aware its may not be as appealing as cancelling 100% of student loan debt as any of us would hope will happen, But its a step in the right direction.

If you’re looking for it on Twitter, or on other social media, check out the hashtags #PLSF #Extendthewaiver #ExtendthePSLFwaiver Here are some to articles that expand to what I’m talking about.

Thank you for your time.

2 Likes