TYT + AI + video project?

Would it be possible to take Open Secrets data and combine that with C-SPAN feed (or clips) and use AI to overlay donor company logos either on the clothes of or in the background behind our elected politicians and produce a video feed? Seems like you could train the AI to recognize the politician’s face and or voice and then have it pick the correct data from open secrets & overlay it. Could even scale the logos based on amount donated.

Feels like fair use too. Could be the basis for TYT’s clips going forward.

I didn’t have video skills, but I can program and have program management skills and would love to see this happen.

2 Likes

This reminds me of a bill that was proposed at Occupy: just like NYSE floor traders wear a jacket showing who they are working for, Congress people should be required to wear the same for their lobbyist sponsors (the size of the patches being representative of the amount of money they received…)

2 Likes

Thank you! I was trying to remember where I had heard the idea before and it absolutely was something from Occupy back in the day. That bill was never intended to be passed off course, but was rather a provocation. We could never imagine a world where in our elected lawmakers would actually deign to inform us of their benefactors, at least not in such a brazen and garish way. This approach, however, would achieve the same end result without needing to involve them at all.

2 Likes

Perhaps, permanent tattoos on their faces, foreheads, and necks would raise the stakes significantly.

1 Like

It would get kinda awkward when you fall out of favor with a donor and they stop banking you though. :wink:

1 Like

I’d totally vote for that!