Were the ABC Moderators Biased?

Yes, the moderators were definitely biased… against Kamala Harris. Leading up to the debate, the right wing cried foul, that the debate was rigged, that the moderators would be biased against Trump. So what does the ABC moderators do? They let Trump continually ignore the rules and speak despite it not being his turn, hoping they’d appear unbiased.

The one time Kamala wanted to respond, they literally cut her off, despite never doing the same to Trump. They fell for the classic Republican trap of, cater to us so that you don’t appear biased, but afterwards we’re still going to claim you were biased. Shame on ABC for ever thinking that Republicans were going to claim anything else.

You are asking about bias in a debate that did not include either Jill Stein or Cornel West?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

I hear ya, but due to the two-party system, neither Jill Stein or Cornel West ever had a chance of becoming president. Normally, I’d be more cynical about the state of politics… and if everyone refused to play along, then we could have a much different outcome. BUT… we’re not there. Donald Trump really is a threat to democracy, more so than Kamala Harris. Harris says and plans to do things that I don’t agree with. But, Donald Trump says and plans to do things that I know are so much more dangerous. My focus, and I hope your focus, can be on seeing Donald Trump lose in November. I agree debate and criticism are a healthy part of democracy. In 2016, I voted for Jill Stein because I said to myself… should I vote for the lesser of two evils, or vote for who I really want to win. In a health society and elections, you’d vote based on who you wanted to win. The way Democrats acted towards Bernie back then and progressives, I don’t regret my vote. I regret that Trump won, but the DNC in many ways deserved the loss, because they were serving their donors and not their voters.

Now we have Kamala and Tim Walz. AOC had a major spot at the Democratic National Convention. We’ve made a lot of progress since 2016. I cannot stomach Trump for 4 more years. It would be catastrophic to our country and to me personally. So, yes you make a good point… but to be frank, I’m not focused on that right now.

1 Like

I understand your perspective, but I am not ready to concede. At my age, I’ve seen this play out over and over and over again and again. I am no longer a young person with infinite time to wait. We have to make rhe change.

On the other hand, as a Marxist in the Richard Wolff tradition, I din’t believe the state is where we need to focus. We should be focusing on remaking the workplace itself. Workers co-ops is the better direction.

Lastly, I live is a non-swing state. My vote does not count in the electoral college. We need RCV before all our votes will count in any egalitarian way.

2 Likes