Who do YOU think is running country?

Jill Biden has been at the forefront an awful lot lately…

2 Likes

As George Carlin put it… The “Owners”

3 Likes

It’s been clear for a long time that the country has been bought and sold by the Corporate Billionaire culture. The facade that they have used to hide all of this from a majority of people is beginning to crumble right in front of us. No sane Democracy would even think about supporting the candidates that we now have.

5 Likes

There is no one running the country. As @johnmichaeloneal wrote, corporate billionaire culture can be thought of as running the country, but I would add that it does so mindlessly in an environment of competing cultural mindsets.

Our cultural mindsets define what we see and how we see. Our evolving superorganism system is the emergent intersections of those cultures and mindsets with our wider environment, including economy, ecology, society, etc.

We’ve discussed such details in other threads. Here is a good video summary of such things:

2 Likes

Follow the money. Who is getting all the money no matter what happens? That’s who is “running” the country. And all the rest of them, too.

3 Likes

nah, its always the bureaucrats and pentagon and corporate elites. They have always run the country and they still are. Presidents are just posterboys to gaslight the public that this is for their own good.

2 Likes

I can only see Michael McKean.

2 Likes

The video should play if clicked… or maybe you’re making a joke? :turtle:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/STHKFlO-zBw?si=fBce1bS9mlvszNIf

1 Like

I would agree with following the money; we will find people suffering from greed, addicted to wealth and power. Their cultural patterns which reproduce such people whom inherit predispositions for reproducing those cultural patterns, and so it goes on, is example of our larger superorganism structure.

2 Likes