Winning by establishing Common Ground

A lot of great chats out there. But what is the core problem? It’s important to define our mission properly or we will miss the mark. A few suggestions:

First and most important: We are a country of the corporation, by the corporation and for the corporation. Over the past 50+ years this has caused an ever widening income gap, leaving about half of our population living from week to week. The people are tired of the broken corporatist promises of our elected politicians. So tired, that about half the country has staked a belief in Trump. An autocracy is just around the corner. The Biden presidency solves nothing, and just kicks the can down the road.

So, what’s the mission? The people need to take the country back! There are huge barriers here. In fact it may already be too late. With Citizens United, the corporations have literally bribed there way to complete government capture. Just about everyone is on the take.

In order keep that hold on power, the corporate media has divided the country. This is not just cable news, but New York Times, Washington Post etc. that make sure to keep the people divided.

So, how do we take our country back. The people (right & left) need to unite and force change. Cenk’s progressive push is a great start. But we need more. The corporatists are crushing most all progressive initiatives. Even the courts are now basically corporate owned.

It’s the politics that divides us. But what brings us together? Common causes!
Medicare for All is a cause that is attractive to most all people. To make this work, both sides need to realize that we are not the constituents of this government. Politicians on both sides have sold out to corporate interests. The people need to make peace, and put politics aside in favor of a higher standard of living for all .

While the larger goal is for the people to take the government back. We achieve that by uniting around common ground, one issue at a time.

Simultaneously, we also unite to vote out anyone who opposes our issues. We listen, but also monitor actions, which speak louder than their words.

Bottom line: We need a comprehensive actionable plan, otherwise . . . . .?

2 Likes

This is the first part of Operation Hope. Next step: execution along the way.

Indeed, common cause are the key. You should take this to the Operation Hope discussion.

Latest Operation Hope topics - TYT Discussion Boards

1 Like

Thank You for you thoughts!

I wonder if we couldn’t have updating word cloud to use as a dashboard for Operation Hope?

I think we should have a model where we create bundles of missions. Maybe even a mission cycle where we can pick and choose. It could look like propose, adopt, ratify, execute.

1 Like

Something like funneling. I agree on this.

There are other sections of these that seem what you hint here, but not quite:
Action Alerts
Current Mission
Operation Scoreboard
Rebel HQ.
Resources

1 Like

Brilliant! May I propose a common ground mission. We adopt a plan to organize a group for those who are disillusioned with this government. Goal: We literally need millions. We can survey to find the most salient issues. Design a plan on how to rally support . And we can try to attract other organized groups that support these issues.

2 Likes

I have an idea for this. I will tag you along later on today.

I have been working on concepts in these areas for many years.

If you have read my AI can be portal to unified consciousness. There is a concept I talked about, it uses a funnel and spheres. Basically imagine the funnel as the triage and the spheres as the tasks. The spheres can be divided, combine, and reformed. The bottom of the funnel is highest priority, the opening at the bottom is your throughput. The sphere size represents resource allocation budgets.

This very function must be what we make in time. The models I have used are based on group primate decision making. Combine with bee hive splitting procedure in the event a new queen is born.

This combination seems to have a good synergy, in addition I think there could be many valid execution paths. I don’t feel any one person should have the control over building it.

For anyone curious the reason why I haven’t built it out myself is as follows: If I were to build it out, we will not feel ownership towards it only I would.