Can someone explain, please

why is it up entirely to Biden weather to continue or not? why can’t he be forced out?

2 Likes

He can be forced out if the ones who have that power would agree to do so. Forcing Biden to drop out also implies forcing his handlers to acquiesce as well.

2 Likes

What would that mean for Harris? Johnson stepped aside, right? What happens after something like that happens? I picture it being a situation where delegates and candidates debate, in a sense, at the convention, but I really haven’t a clue.

1 Like

It all depends on what the puppet masters (AKA controlling interest entities) want, at this point.

2 Likes

It comes back to the old adage, “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.” The delegates that have been selected in those states that either have had a primary or have cancelled their primary, are bound (usually by party rules if not state law) to vote for the winner of the state’s primary (or lack thereof) election in the first round of convention voting unless Joe steps aside of his own volition. There can be cajoling, pressuring, advocating, et al, but at the day’s end only Joe can decide to walk onto the stage and release the delegates. Such is my (potentially flawed) understanding.

2 Likes

Oh my! Fair is foul and foul is fair.

Can someone explain, please. Why are there so many guns in America? We are not in 1770 when militias had a musket or a small pistol that took up to a minute to reload. Now , there are AR-15’s and military weaponry on the streets as well as long barreled sniper rifles. One was in use today , July 13 , in Butler, PA at a rally. In a politically supercharged atmosphere , some idiot tried to assassinate our former President. He was wounded on or near his ear , but unfortunately , a Trump attendee was killed and another is in critical condition . Really , is this necessary? I’m no fan of Trump , but what happened is abominal . What happened to rational discourse ? Does disagreement have to always lead to violence? I was in tears , I don’t recognize my country anymore. Our nation is sick . I’m thinking of the 2 Conventions coming up; what the hell do you think the atmosphere will be this coming Monday when the Republicans have their convention. I am so distraught. This idiot who shot these people is dead , but he just gave the election to Trump . It’s over. The Democrats can’t overcome the snowball of idiocy manifested by this heinous act. See you Monday. Jack

2 Likes

He can be, its just DNC doesnt want to.
The way to force him out would be to invoke 25th, But that means kamala becomes President, And for whatever reason, DNC doesn’t like her and don’t want her in charge.

If they go to an open convention, then there are other problems.
First is that all the fundraising money is tied to Biden-Harris Campoaign.
If they open the convention, they will be starting a whole new ticket, That money cant just be transferred over to the new ticket. You can do 3 things with it.

1. Return it to the donors and hope they donate again to the new ticket. But IDK why they would, They can just donate to the repubs and get their corporate handouts there.
  2. Donate it to charity,HAHAHA
  3. Transfer it to a SuperPAC but that can only be done with the permission of donors, Joe ad Kamala. IMO Kamala knows she will never get another chance at the presidency so she isn’t going to agree to fund her replacement.
    So that money is stuck

Plus Biden has spent the entire primaries filling delegate lists with his own people. And when these calls started coming out for him to step down, he called his delegates to check on their loyalty. And after that he said, he wont step down, Which tells me they are probs sticking with him. So while in an open convention, delegates arent bound to Biden, they are very likely to vote for him.

Also, I am not saying the black community is a monolith and I don’t speak for all black people, but there are definitely going to be many people very angry with dems to have passed over a black woman VP for someone else.

There are also other problems,
There is no good replacement. All the polls show other candidates doing worse than Biden. And that is before the media vultures start digging up dirt on them and airing their dirty laundry.
They will have less name recognition and this is just 60 days out forme early voting. Building name recognition in that time with funds tied up and also fundraising for a presidential and down ballot campaign would be a nightmare. Like they wouldn’t even have the campaign staff ready and all.
plus if you go to open convention, dems will leak dirt on each other doing the repub work for them. there is going to be a lot of infighting among the house and senate dems supporting one or the other and that will have an impact on downballot funding and results.
I know it sounds great. but its not that simple.
And that is not including Trump having a field day calling the new nominee an illegitimate candidate or something.
Just look at Tories. They displaces Johnson, had a leadership crsisi, installed corporate sleazebag Sunak and faceplanted into the worst defeat in 100 years.
But when have dems done anything that is sensible?

1 Like

<onion> ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens</onion>

Hilarious to read the cliched “thoughts and prayers” soundbites; especially from the Repubs who oppose ANY gun regs - <crackpot>because, don’t you know: we need guns to check the power of the Deep State! And training and licensing would be the first step to taking our guns away!! </crackpot>

If the gunman had used a bump stock on the crowd, that would have been quite the message to Thomas…

2 Likes

The Assault Rifle and High Capacity Magazine Ban in the 90s. ““Professor”” Gingrich mobilized to rescind that.

This is an opportunity in the weeks ahead for the talking point that there be “common sense” regs that implement a “well regulated militia”. Remind people the Dems had the Assault Weapons ban and the Repubs took it away…

1 Like

I also forgot to mention - Repubs are gonna challenge the change, especially in swing states. Georgia’s last date for filing nomination was on July 9th and I think Ohio has some law that doesn’t allow parties to change the name unless they die or something. If you litigate it in the court, all that needs to happen for dems to lose is for the courts to sit on the decision and waste precious campaign time, Which is already short 60 days out from early voting.

1 Like

Yeah, the thing is that that isnt the no 1 issue that voters are concerned about, Its not even in the top 5 or even the top 10 in most cases. You can try talking about the 90’s but no one is gonna pay attention to that. People don’t relate today’s dem and repub party with 90’s anymore. both have changed a lot. They can try but I can tell you that it wont have any impact

1 Like

I say litigate any ballot challenges and simultaneously campaign. It’s not great, but I would refuse to give up.

Iif they shoot it down, they can be the ones that own this country having become a banana republic.

[You can also lay blame for the administration keeping this health condition a secret (the Parkinson’s testing, hiding him from many public events, etc.), but that’s another thing that will have to be sorted out after the election is in the can…]

As to reinstatement of an Assault Weapons Ban not being on people’s radar: maybe it’s just me, but that appears to be a screaming issue right now.

If most voters don’t care about it, this country deserves Stupid Hitler (too bad the world doesn’t…)

Cenk should speak to the prospects of ballot challenges if a replacement slate is picked, on his next show…

1 Like

There are several political implications impacting whether Biden’s elimination as the D nominee for President is involuntary or self-imposed; and the relative timing of his elimination with respect to the Presidential nominating convention. But let’s assume, all things considered, the change to the status of Biden’s candidacy which maximizes the opportunity for success of an alternative candidate in the general election includes a decision by delegates formerly pledged to cast votes for Biden at the convention, to cast votes for his replacement. I want to highlight a legal/practical implication of that pledged delegate vote. The DNC constitution and rules only require that delegates pledged through the primary process to vote for a particular candidate at the Presidential nominating convention use their “good conscience” when casting their votes. But several states have enacted laws requiring pledged delegates to vote for the candidates they were elected to represent, on at least the first ballot. So, although Joe Biden is mentally unfit to be President; if Biden&Biden refuse to withdraw his candidacy before voting begins at the convention, hundreds of pledged delegates must vote for him on at least the first round. (CA binds the delegate vote on the first two rounds.) .

1 Like

I think a vast majority of people are in favor of common sense gun laws. Unfortunately, in a situation like this, where common sense tells you gun laws need to be adapted, there are a lot of people not using rational thinking. A lot of people instead are of the attitude that this kind of thing wouldn’t have happened if everyone had their guns at the rally. Rationality and common sense will take a back seat to emotionality and fear for a little while, so having Democrats harping on gun legislation is likely to backfire and get the Republicans, especially MAGA (who are by far the loudest, which makes people think they’re the majority) more riled up. Most Republicans are very good at falling in line, all voting the same, and believing in the loudest voices. This too shall pass, and we have to let it run its course without adding fuel to the fire. Just my opinion.

Dude that isnt how politics works.
The problem with litigation is that it wont hurt repubs. But if they open challenges in swing states or deep blue states, it will hurt Dems, The courts don’t have to shoot it down. They just have to sit on the decision long enough to hurt the votes for the dem candidate in those states.

as for gun control, I never said Biden shouldn’t do it (he wont because Dems also get NRA money through SUper pacs and shit). I am just saying the top issues for people this election are economy, inflation, jobs. threat to democracy, abortion, immigration, crime etc. Gun control isnt even in the top 10. So it wont have an impact on the election no matter how much you hate it. If you wanna win, you have to focus on issues people care about.

I think after the assassination attempt on Trump, we can say goodbye to the “threat to demcoracy” narrative. Repubs are gonna have a field day screaming about how that narrative has caused this violence and what not. What an absolutely dumb and idiotic thing to do. The assassination attempt I mean.

Biden needs to focus on abortion. That is his only hope
And we really need to focus on downballot racces. Try and keep as many of those House and senate seats as possible. Repubs are going to be a menace if they get majority in house and senate. Regardless of how the presidency goes.

1 Like

Well, supposedly we are not pandering to the irrational vote…

1 Like

I get that, and think that’s also a bit of a mistake. People are emotional right now, so we need to take a beat. Plus, I agree with @wrongturn, that gun legislation is not high on the list of voter priorities, which makes focusing on it a mistake on many levels.

“emotional” is the right word. because most people, especially independents don’t vote based on logic but a “vibe check”. I think people are tired of hating Trump. hate is a difficult and draining emotion to sustain. I think dems need to give them some other emotion to focus on., LIke Obama used “Hope”. I am trying to think of what that could be. Maybe “resolve” and “experience”? Frame it as the conditions are bad because of international actions and we need resolve and experience to handle them or something. That would obviously need an image cleanup on aisle 46. But I guess that’s doable. This hate politics just needs to stop., Everyone is tired of it and it is not going to be effective after the assassination attempt on Trump. Repubs are already losing their heads blaming the hateful rhetoric for the violence. IDK, Ill chew on it some more

1 Like

What you’re saying is spot on! Great point with Obama’s use of “Hope.” I agree that the hate politics is, among many things, too hard to sustain. I’ll try to think of an emotive slogan, and you let me know if you think of one too.