Choosing our words wisely: "Anoint"; "Open" Convention

• The term “anoint” is NOT the best term to discuss a possible rigging for Harris. “CORONATE” is much better! We are fighting for our lives to prevent a coronation of King Trump. We fought Biden to stop HIM from thinking he was King. It’s the same thing now with Harris, IF the Owners of the DNC rig it and there is not an unbiased vote on her (link) at a Convention where other slates can pitch.

• CENK: STOP BEING SLOPPY AND BANDYING THE TERM “OPEN” ABOUT FOR THE CONVENTION! START DEFINING THE PROTOCOLS FOR AN “OPEN CONVENTION”!!

1 Like

Its not OPEN. It is just a fight between a Clinton backed corporate hack and an Obama backed corporate hack, A better term would be “contested” convention.

As Nina Turner said “this is an establishment fight. Stop trying to reel us in” and I add - to democracy-face corporate despotism. The word “OPEN” does just that. Misleads people into believing that corporate anointing of nominees and voting by corporate delegates is somehow open, transparent and democratic.

Exactly my point! Not defining the protocols is a set up to allow the Owners of The DNC to co-opt the definition of “Open”

“It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words…” (link)
-George Orwell, 1984

Its not going to be not open because protocols arent defined. DNC wont define protocols because they don’t want it to be open

2 Likes

At the Convention, I saw a very poor choice of words (and kudos to their adoption of “weird”…)

“Truth.”

I understand what they are going for; they want to differentiate themselves from brazen serial liars. I do believe there is objective truth (even though a number of people among us do not!), but a better term is: “honesty.” Honesty connotes that you are striving towards truth. Truth presumptuously suggests that you know it and have attained it. We often never do; it’s an incessant struggle to get closer to it.

And I stand by my previous call on words: this Convention was a “coronation”. Presuming this election gets won by the Dems, I am looking forward to an <joke>honest</joke> effort to have an inquest as to who in the administration worked to hide Biden’s condition. At the end of the day it was just another case of voter suppression! And spare me the “you had to know” claim, Cenk; his State of the Union performance showed a person capable of holding office. Only after the debate did they allow footage of him to be taken with him struggling to walk off his plane…