How did you find TYT?

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are were I keep my brain thees days. I do it so that when I am gone if someone thinks “I wish I’d known him better” they can. Also my CTE makes it a necessity, if I don’t post up the instant a thought surfaces it may be gone forever.

YouTube and TYT . Com are Global but no, there is no localized equivalent of TYT in Ireland I’m aware of and I know many people that live there and in Scotland.

Are you a Hero? I GUEEEESSSS!

So glad you didn’t fall down the never-ending rabbit hole that is Q!

Sorry I didn’t reply when you asked this question. No, there are no equivalents that I know of. It’s been quite a few years since I’ve lived there, though.

Thank you for your answer to my question about possible truth-tellers in Ireland, equivalent to TYT. I appreciate it!
BTW, I’m currently in TN, so if you are, in fact, in Georgia, I feel your pain from living in a mostly-red state.

Hi everyone. I’ve been watching TYT with my girlfriend for two years and finally decided to become a member. Got tired of watching the regular news.

3 Likes

Welcome goosedragon!

1 Like

Hello…I’ve known about TYT for a bit but didn’t watch until I got ROKU a few months ago. I hate all the bullshit news stations (I am watching news all the time) and was so relieved that TYT wasn’t like that. After a few moments of watching it felt like I finally found my people…

2 Likes

It’s odd, but I don’t remember exactly how I discovered TYT. I think it was during grad school around 2015. I didn’t have any streaming services or a TV until about 2 years ago. I was busy with academics and was still reading things like Mother Jones etc. I imagine I tripped across a segment on YouTube. What I do remember is watching Cenk, Ana and the other hosts come hard for neoliberals, construct intelligent and well sourced arguments against the right wing, and they seemed like genuine people which is surprising for media. I also took to their righteous diatribes which I found cathartic and exciting to watch. I loved how Cenk used to get so excited about reading the viewer comments and how they would occasionally get him off-topic going into the minutia of something else. It was usually interesting and I found that relatable too lol. The 4 minute timer was a good idea, but I imagine Cenk would be a fascinating person to talk to. I like all the hosts for what the bring the team. I feel like I learn things when I watch the shows at TYT and it’s that intellectual stimulation that keeps bringing me back.

2 Likes

Current TV being an old guy before my cutting the cable and was lucky enough to speak with you at your campaign event sadly you didn’t win but we are lucky to have you here.

2 Likes

2010 on YouTube. I watched clips and caught a live show. Ended up becoming a member in 2011.

1 Like

Thank you!

Link TV I started watching just before Ana started hosting TYT.

Netroots Nation…several years ago.

More recently on Twitter - speaking up for women. <3

I found TYT around 2006-2007 when the Iraq war was raging and I watched Cenk’s legendary rant on YouTube about the media not telling the truth that Iraq wasn’t linked to 9/11.

1 Like

I have considered myself a conservative Christian and a conservative republican for many years. I voted for Donald Trump twice. I no longer feel i can identify with the Republican party. TYT popped up on my You Tube about the same time as I was feeling a disconnect from my party. You guys have brought this conservative christian to consider herself as an independant. You speak the truth in everything you say and It reminded me of what really matters. I still have my faith but I will no longer identify with a party who has shown itself to be a puppet for Big business. I believe both sides are fairly entrenched in big business. The difference i see now is the open mindness of the democrats. While iI hold many different views than the left, I have always valued each persons right to live their truth and very best life. I used to see the right as my circle because the conservative views on certain things make sense. And some still do. The difference now is I feel the freedom to have !y personal views while trying to accept and understand those with different views. You have shown me that. Yes, youre progressive, but you also hold the democrats to a high standard and arent afraid to point out when they are not trying to do the will of the people. I find that refreshing. Because of watching and listening to TYT, I can definitely say if i had come across your network years ago I would never have made the mistake of voting for Donald Trump. I can’t think of a candidate I would have voted for instead, but, for sure not him. TYT are an honest media outlet and please continue on. I am proof we can all actually get along If we put the peoole first, not the politics. I apologize for this being convoluted, lol. I hope you still get the idea. So thank you from a newly independent, not quite liberal, but not far right either.

4 Likes

I was on youtube way back, I believe it was 2013 because the clip I found was about the TYT movie.
Then I saw Cenk going off on some man regarding social security and how the man thought it needed to be cut back. I loved the clip, I watched the movie and I’ve watched TYT ever since. I have been a member off and on because, well sometimes I cannot afford to but every chance I get, I will pay my membership and support TYT. America doesn’t know how much we need TYT!

2 Likes

Initially, probably discovered TYT via the Facebook algorithms lol and would occasionally watch videos. But more recently (within the last year) my dad gave me his old Roku box and found the TYT Roku Channel, and started watching while playing with my cats everyday… and one day I just had to go to the website and join to watch the bonus episode!

I found TYT because I was almost TRICKED into believing Pizza Gate. Don’t judge lol Lemme ‘splain…
See… what happened was, back in 2012 I was gifted my first “fancy phone”. I went from just being able to call and text with a 9-key phone, to having the internet and the world at my fingertips! I was 31. Although I was what I deem to be an incredibly smart 31-year-old, my social media algorithms led me to stories about Pizza Gate. Dude, they looked so real! Luckily, when my neighbor who was an archaeologist walked by that day, I burst into a giant, (yet still skeptical) rage over it! I think this person is pretty cool, and we had previous intellectual chats about life in the past. So, when he looked at me with that “WTF” face and said, “Where did you read that!?” (In the kindest way possible) I realized I couldn’t even tell him who the reporter was. Needless to say, I was super embarrassed, but also so angry that I could be tricked so easily! That anger drove me to learn how to spot legitimate news sources and then POOF, TYT fell into my lap! I have been a member since 2012. I am incredibly thankful to not only be truthfully informed, directing my strong emotions toward those who are actually responsible but have been given ways to channel those emotions into productive change for the better. It’s pretty friggin’ cool.

2 Likes