Operation Hope Begins!

Writing articles for local news papers could be an option. I live in a pretty progressive town and one of our local news papers regular post local citizen’s opinion pieces on various policies and decisions going on in town. I am sure other local papers may allow the same.

Someone else mentioned going to events to talk about it. Could we organize local events to talk about the bill and why family leave is important? I know our art museum has hosted talks with Dem groups. Wonder if we could do something similar? Maybe get an idea list of places that would allow speaking events and ways to promote them in local news, event websites, social media, etc.

I volunteered as an event support lead for both the Bernie campaigns. I am all for helping out a strong progressive option. We are in deep need for change that helps the working people.

4 Likes

We need all level work-share or PT work options in significant positions so our children don’t have to be exclusively raised by daycare providers! There needs to be more PT daycare so women can work PT plus the children get socialization. Win/Win! So many stay-at-home mom’s would love a way to stay gainfully employed. Many ppl would work part-time for a good wage & benefits options that don’t have children under 16 at home. America needs to get family friendly and work/balance friendlier! How can we have come so far in the last century yet be working more, 24/7 availability to a job/career? All the tech advancements were supposed to make our lives easier! I left my 6fig job. I have a real story about that. America is set up for the rich to profit from our hard work. Every company should offer profit sharing. Independents contractors or part time employees need healthcare benefits vs rejected by private insurers for pre-existing conditions. Healthcare and scripts shouldn’t only be for the rich or FTE’s.

1 Like

I’m wondering where my local progressive movement even is??? I google libertarian party or even “forward party” and I get quick access to what they are about and how to connect to those near me and more. Progressives may not be a party, but surely if i google “progressive party” or “progressive movement,” I should get something leading me to the movement that nearly launched bernie to the presidency, and yet I don’t see anything helpful!? If youre going to get past corp dems and media, then u do need a grassroots movement to push this or any other issue (ahem biden out). And to do that, uneducated people need to be able to find you. Whether it’s progressive, populist or whatever you want to call yourself, there needs to be an easy to find and navigate a WEBSITE. it can’t be tyt if you are trying to fuel a movement.
2. Have some eye catching MERCHANDISE with some type of symbol/color so people identify that progressives are all around them (like Trumpers). There’s so much you could do (tyt already does a good job as compared to dem party) that can get people to ask questions/notice you. Currently people I know thinks of LG+ and social handouts when they think of progressives, you need to get out that you are more. I really think people would choose candidates that are anti-establishment, anti-corruption, anti-loopholes for the wealthy and connected even if they were “democrats.” If that’s where the bernie movement wants to go then you need to make it known.
I know you guys love bernie, but what did he really do??? He took all of the enthusiasm for a populist/progressive movement and then turned it over to corporate dems TWICE and all that energy and organization appears to have dissipated? I’m not on board with progressives on a lot of things, but I’m tired of the political duopoly and corporate oligarchy and will support the progressives if they can get their sh*t together. This conversation is a good start, but shouldn’t be the start. The squad is an embarrassment to your movement. They did exactly as I would have expected which is why I’m leery of supporting you guys.
Cenk is strong and can bring the fight but is he tempered enough to be commander in chief???
Would love to see Jon Stewart run! Anyone talk to him about this?
3. Try to get together EVENTS, local or even big that have entertainment value but also educate people. Maybe this is more on the right, but many ppl want to feel connected to a group/something meaningful. Trump stole that from the right and has effectively used it to create a monstrous following. What does the left have in comparison?
4. Keep pushing the SINGLE LINE VOTES. Ppl think both sides are corrupt, they need to know that progressives (at least I hope) are not. Progr could call out the corruption of their colleagues, or shame the demparty for underfunding progr candidates while backing right wingers OR they could do the single line items votes and let the corruption speak for itself…

2 Likes

Boy if we could trojan horse Nina in there. I like the open secrets app if anyone can get that done, God you are awesome. Paid family leave can be mentioned to someone like Jon Stewart (as well as a beg from me to run) Let him work on it like he has for our vets. This man will be back on air soon, and he gets stuff done. If someone knows him enough let him know we need a fighter for this as we have been supporting it from both sides. You would think this would be good common sense. That lacks in the House.

2 Likes

Honesty it seems like the fastest way to get progressive changes implemented is to go to state and local politics. Implement these policies on a state by state level through ballot measures and help organize union drives to improve workers conditions. National politics move way too slow or not at all. I think this is a more direct way to improve people lives but I’m all for trying everything.

1 Like

Combining Jackson White’s Politiscope with OpenSecrtes is totally doable. I had started working on the visual analysis layer already but had to pause to make a TYT/JIC promo video. I have finished the video, for now all my efforts are in Operation Hope and getting to have Cenk approval on 2 key portions of the promo video, before it can go public. I really hope he can hop on the conversation soon.

When a company is large enough the workers need to be allowed to force a vote to become an employee owned organization.

I am not sure why you put in or in that list I like all of the above.

When I get off work Ill send you the first step for operation hope.

I’m 100% certain this will be a long term goal because it will break the misinformation chain of Main Stream Media. Everyone has a phone nowadays and turn to their devices for political information.

Which will in fact be the target of my plan.

When I first started working on this idea I called it the Next Progressive Mega Weapon for the progressive movement.

I had planned on mailing it to you guys but I’ll publish it here because PERFECT TIMING!

I get off work in 2 hours. I’ll shower and revise it. Expect it around 4 or 5 pm central time

1 Like

For anyone who might wonder, I’ve solved the, “How do we hold our elected officials accountable.” Question lol

1 Like

We seem to have undertaken the same goal and being actionable about it. I also have in high regard my plan as I have worked 7+ years in it, however, I’m still not that certain that it will get chosen, regardless of my opinion that it should. PERFECT TIMING also applies for my case, in so many ways, but primarily because it coincided perfectly with the time in which I just finished a promo for TYT/JIC that is kind of a snippet/appetizer of what I have in mind. (Sep 28/2023)

Include me on those looking forward to hearing of your input, there may be overlapping between your approach and what I have… or maybe with another ppl in the community.

I like your boldness and how certain you are of your plan; I subscribe to that feeling too, about my plan, though, but if you make a good case, you can have me on board.

I also claim having solved (as a plan) the “How do we hold our elected officials accountable.” question, but my challenge is that I can make a better case if I could make a visual presentation. I know my way around words, but beside English not being my first language, I do think that I do better with charts+ and other visual aids. That is what keeps me from being 100% sure like you are… I would be 99% since the best we can do is to explain our idea to the best of our abilities, and they may not suit the plans of the person(ppl) in charge (final decision).

1 Like

I genuinely hope I didn’t offend anyone! I was just excited and confident!

I’m gonna rephrase my post lol

I just so happened to be brainstorming an app that inforns people about those they vote for to send to Cenk and so this opportunity and got a bit eager!

Also I’m working manufacturing job right now so I had to type quickly

2 Likes

You didn’t offend me. I actually feel a LOT identified with your confidence. One can make a good calculation as how successful our plans could be. That calculation is what gives me so much confident in it, and I am willing to bet that that is your case too.

1 Like

I look forward to working with you and unveiling my plans!

1 Like

Hey Cenk,
How do we hold our elected officials accountable?
I’ll tell you.

We profile them!

OF COURSEEEEE! (Just bear with me here lol)

If the words “profiling our officials” puts you in a bit of an odd place, then sit down and allow me to sell you a hot take that MIGHT just change your mind.

First, lets talk about why. The progressive fight has been climbing stone wall after stone wall to shift the balance away from paid off politics. It’s time we applied some external pressure; and I think I’ve got just the angle you need. In this hefty forum post I outline what could potentially be the next battlefront in the progressive movement. Call it a pressure campaign if you will. =P

So hear me out. We need an APP. Everybody uses phones these days. Especially for news and research. SPECIFICALLY, the crucial younger generation who wants to stay informed about what is really going on in the world.

The purpose of the app is to break the media filter that blindfolds the people and bring accountability back to our countries elected officials. The app would show voters what our politicians were put in office to do VS what they really do in congress. This would allow voters to piece together their own opinions based on facts they can see with their own eyes instead of what media tells them.

This would not only reinforce the power of the vote for those who feel like their votes don’t matter but also allow informed voters to more critically target those who are doing the least for them.

In other words;
If someone has campaigned on a promise to help the people and has not done so, IT WILL, be reflected in this app. This allows voters to see who is actively hindering change in our nation.

So without further due, I PRESENT TO YOU,
Operation HOPE, Mission One (or whatever number you decide)

The “Know Your Vote APP”

1 Like

The basic core features of the APP would be simple for ease of use and informative purposes.
While there will be other features, the primary feature includes a roster with currently elected officials to choose from. Voters can simply select the profile of an actively seated senator or house rep to see crucial statistics and information on what they have done in office.

The app would essentially keep track of which way they vote on bills they bring to the floor, what amendments they propose, which way they vote and most importantly, who their donors are and how much they have donated.

All this information is already made public, however, making it EASILY ACCESSIBLE straight from one’s smart phone would absolutely light a match in the Gaslight Chambers of Media and Twitter. Which over time if we advertise the app enough and really promote it, it would eventually force our officials to do what they were voted in to do.

Now that you have a basic understanding of what the APP is meant to do, lets move onto the features and how it would look/work!

Upon Opening the APP

The basic Menu would be made up of buttons for the following features
° Congress House & Senate
° Bills on the Floor (a section specifically for viewing bills that have been voted on. It would be cool to be able to also see which members voted which way specifically from this section as compared to going to each specific member in the roster)
° Sources
° Upcoming Elections (so voters can see which districts/seats are up for vote. This feature would allow voters to quickly target primaries and check the record to determine if their currently elected official is serving them effectively or not)
° Sources
° Polls (just an idea, would be cool
° Settings (IF YOU DONT GIVE ME A DARK MODE ILL CALL SYDNEY THE KRAKEN AND A THOUSAND MULES UPON YOU)

1 Like

Upon Choosing Congress

You will be greeted with two more buttons.
° House of Representatives
° Congress

After having chosen an option you will then see a roster of currently elected officials. The roster of currently serving members will appear organized by filters of your choosing and appear in squared frames with their election photo. You can filter the roster by Party, Committees or Alphabetically.

After choosing a member the screen will transition inward toward the elected official where Voters will then be able to see the following information.
° Party, State/District of representation, Age/DoB
° Which Committee they are currently serving
° If they are part of a caucus/group, which one?
° When were they elected and when is their re-election?
° How many terms have they served?
° What were their campaign vows?

On their Profiles their should be Tabs for the following information

Cenks favorite feature will be found here lol

° WHO DO YOU WORK FOR :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: (A list of their B̶r̶i̶b̶e̶s̶, er I mean donors)
° Bills/Amendments they propose
° Which Way They Voted (shows recent bills/amendments and their voting history.)

Goals of the App

° Easily Accessible & CRUCIAL Information for the everyday voter.
Overtime the goal is to get this into the hands of everyone so that media no longer controls the narrative about what voters should and shouldn’t know regarding who we vote for.

° People can see the donor money and draw their own conclusions.
This point specifically is what our elected officials are going to fear over time. This will have a massive domino effect that Cenk will have a field day covering lol

Conclusion

If this APP was to become reality and someday became the pocket guide for every voter in America, (WHICH WE COULD HAVE TYT MEMBERS HELP PROMOTE AT VOTING LOCATIONS OR COLLEGES) it would set an entirely new ball game for congress. Over time, it wouldn’t matter how much donor money congress members received. If they want to keep their seat, they MUST serve their constituents.

Some final footnotes for random ideas post brainstorming

The original idea for the app was to cover the House and Senate only. While it would be a lot of work, if the app were to grow enough, it would be cool to also expand to state legislatures, governors and presidents.

Maybe small steps toward a much larger goal??

Add a “details of bill” button to show/hide full details of the amendments/bill to reduce clutter when viewing from profiles. Since all members of congress/senate will vote on the same bills, once a voter is familiar with the contents of a specific bill they wont have to constantly scroll through the details repeatedly.

Maybe hire a team to develop the app?
Honestly the idea of this gets me super excited.

1 Like

Btw, during Operation Hope, yall need to add a sound effect that says “YOUNG TURKS ASSEMBLEEEEEEEE” to play in the opening of The Young Turks show following the “WOOOOO, GET SOME” sound lol

does this mean wolf pac is old news?

why is congress worth our energy, all of the sudden?

I knew I wasn’t wrong about you! I was willing to bet, like I told you. We seem to have made the same calculation as mentioned above when you were prefacing us about your idea. I hinted at the same idea above, but I gotta say: I hadn’t tought of the user interface yet, let alone at that level. I mentioned that a TYT contributor has portion of the job done and maybe we could build from that, with your user interface, of course, as it seems a lot better than what Politiscope is. Please read below, especially the portion about of the segmentations (more segmentations can be included, i just gave an example)

OBS: I am with you in that this can be impactful in the way that is expected, but this is a sub-goal of the overarching goal of bringing positive change to the world (although exerting outside pressure from the actual voters is a lot). DO you have more ideas like these for the overarching goal?

1 Like

Context:

2 Likes