Operation Hope Begins!

The senators and governors will just ignore us. I’ve sent many to the leaders of my state and have been blown off with a form reply. What we need to do is vote incumbents out. They feel like they’re invincible and need to be reminded that they aren’t.

I am a teacher librarian in a very rural district. Our kids have 1:1 Chromebooks, but there are still about 30% of our student body who has zero Internet at home. They are the kids who I keep the library open late for. The kids who have to wake up early and come to school to get homework done, since it’s mostly online now.
Getting affordable (or free), guaranteed internet access for all homes would make a huge difference for some of these kids and help bridge the inequality gap we see in my rural district.

Just my two cents

Keep up the great work :heart:

2 Likes

We need to forge an alliance between Progressive Democrats and Third Party Leftists against the Corporate Duopoly and Trumpism in 2024 and 2026 and so on. That should be included as part of Operation Hope.

1 Like

This is a really good idea. Often times, the media is much more powerful than politicians in making an issue something that is discussed and eventually voted on.

1 Like

This is also a really good idea. A lot of bad guys use this strategy against me. But there’s no reason why we can’t use it as a force for good instead.

1 Like

I started Rebellion Pac for this exact reason. rebellionpac.com

But the challenge has been getting enough attention to it, so that we can concentrate our money and power in one place. The rest of the media is not dying to give this positive coverage, as you might imagine. And there are many other competing pacs that claim they are going to do one thing or another (and usually never do).

But I like the way you;re thinking! And this strategy will definitely work in the long run.

1 Like

These are all excellent ideas. And if we wrote into a bunch of newspapers at the same time, it could create a feeling of momentum.

I also love the idea of reaching out to the community to get grassroots buzz.

6 Likes

If you work remotely and want to stop climate change please take a look at the #WorkFromProtest Topic. The key to stopping climate change is the same as so many other issues. As Cenk would say: the money, Lebowski!

And banks have it…

1 Like

I’m a Librarian for a school district with less than one hundred students k-12. I can echo this experience. A bill guaranteeing online access would be supported here.

1 Like

What about an affordable fundraiser. Charge 25-30 dollars a plate so average working class folks can join in and treat it exactly like the super rich treat their fundraisers. You could probably host them at some college campuses, locally owned restaurants, churches etc. This could especially be useful in red/purple states to get the progressive message to the masses.

And of course send invites to state leaders so the voters can see if their reps give a damn enough to actually meet them in their normal environment.

1 Like

We need to find all the purple districts and employ a push and pull strategy with the elected house representatives of these purple districts. They love power and want to stay in it so with democrats in purple district, we put pressure on them through writing letters and getting the attention of the local media to push them into talking about paid family leave. On the other hand with republicans like Nancy Mace we ought to pull them to the left in order to get them to talk about paid family leave. We can do so by dangling a carrot of the progressive votes and similar tactics we would use with dems

I love the idea, and it can really ramp up organising & organising around new ideas, like those generated here. My big idea at the moment is to make use of the non profit, academic based Pro Truth Pledge - google it - by putting pressure on politicians, elected officials as they are, and media as well. We make them either take the pledge or explain why they refuse to basically say they will try to tell the truth & admit if something they said was not true. I am also working on getting automated help for calling them out, but what is really needed is public pressure for people to take the pledge. TYT members & the whole community watching could help a lot on that!!

1 Like

I think this is a great idea but if you want to organize you need a organizer. It’s an investment that’s worth it.

Ok dont laugh…who is the one person you can think of with seemingly unlimited media coverage; unlimited national appeal; unlimited influence right now in the US? Someone who has come out openly previously (endorsing the left in presidential elections) and very recently in terms of voter turnout; Who represents a non-political multi-generational unifying element?

Taylor Swift.

Ok but seriously, consider this open-mindedly. She has literally saved local economies just by bringing her tour through; with the flick of a wrist she drummed up a few hundred thousand new voters in a matter of HOURS. YOU CAN’T BUY THAT KIND OF INFLUENCE. It’s clear that she draws media attention without batting an eyelash. She is UNIGNORABLE (I know that’s not a word).

It wouldn’t take much to move an endeavor along politically and socially if she were actively on-board. She could have young constituents FLOODING their representatives mail and phone lines with demands. These reps think they can skate by faking it and voters wont notice. NO. TS could have young voters slamming them with acknowledgments of their masquerades. There is no greater and potentially more socially feared weapon amongst establishment elites than someone with that much power to wake up and influence the public to what theyve been missing, and subsequently change the course of election cycles.

Is it a realistic option? I dunno, but Cenk certainly has the clout to make the connection somehow, and I have a feeling Ana can be pretty convincing, from one powerful woman to another. Bring in AOC if you have to. TS and AOC? Jesus thats a republican NIGHTMARE. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

5 Likes

I think you have something here but it must happen organically.

I think that could absolutely be…arranged in a way? I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t get along or be amicable to the idea of meeting, certainly for the intentions of moving progressiveness along. Somebody knows somebody…just have to bring the lightning rod out in the storm

1 Like

I think they for sure could be pushed to meet. Taylor said she had organizational resistance from her inner people regarding politics. So I think Taylor would need to see that associating herself with progressives wouldn’t damage her organization economically. Taylor has a bunch of peoples careers in her hands.

I think people that are fans of both would have the best chance to bring them together.

1 Like

I have an idea that can work combined with this and with some other poster in this forum. Stay tuned. I will be giving credit to her when elaborating. For now, please stay tuned. Configure to “Watch” this topic.

1 Like

What about those of us who live in red states? I live in Tennessee and would be wasting my time sending a letter to MAGA Senator Marsha Blackburn and MAGA Representative Andy Ogles. There is hope; Gloria Johnson, one of the “Tennessee Three” is running against Blackburn.

1 Like

I like the truth pledge idea as add-on to this.

1 Like