Operation Hope Town Hall

Thank you so much for reaching out! I am excited to hear about your surgery! What did they do? How are you feeling? You are amazing and deserve all good things!

I am sorry that I’ve been sorta MIA lately. I’ve been pretty much in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks having little surgeries and tests (I have fibromuscular dysplasia, so this time my renal and carotid arteries are giving me problems. They don’t always play nice, which they have to get from me. :joy:). I’m starting to feel better, so I have the energy now to get back into TYT and other things I’ve been missing out on. Sorry for the boring backstory. I probably sounds silly, but I’ve been tired and stressed, so I just let some things slide because I couldn’t give them my full attention and I didn’t want to bother anyone with all of my stuff. I have to learn that it’s okay to do just do a little bit when that’s all you can do, you know?

I hope you are feeling better every day! :dove::heart::palms_up_together:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your medical issues. I hope there are remedies for you, Basically , they put in a bipolar nerve block in my Lumbar region. I just don’t know how long it will last . Typically I can sit at most an hour before it gets painful . Shorter times for standing . In essence , I doubt if I can phone bank , too stressful for that amount of time. Anyway , I get Morphine in my pain pump tomorrow morning , it’s a lifesaver. I wish you well and please stay in touch. Jack

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant bilateral . Boomer moment

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, they really mean a lot! I’ll be fine, I’m sure. How’s the nerve block working so far?

It is temporary and will wear off. the next step are ablations which are radio frequencies targeted at nerve endings. I’ve had it done before years ago. So, I’m going to kick back and try to stomach the Democrats as much as I can. Hopefully, the protesters can offer some positive feedback to our leaders and soon get a ceasefire overseas. I wish you well and a speedy recovery, Jack

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been dealing with all that, Andrea. I noticed you haven’t been around recently and didn’t know whether to tag you or not just to say hi and see how things were going. I don’t want people to think I’m nagging them but also don’t want them to think I just forgot they existed. I have social anxiety even when it’s not live interactions, lol. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling a little better at least and hope things get a little less crazy.

1 Like

I hope your recovery from your surgery is going well, Jack, and that you’re able to do more again soon. That’s inspirational that even though you are going through all that, that you’re still coming to meetings and thinking of volunteering sometimes, even if it’s not for the phone bank this time.

I’m a wimp when it comes to pain, just having a routine tooth extraction a week and a half ago got me almost to the point of a panic attack, which the dentist said isn’t that unusual but he may have just been trying to make me feel better.

Sorry to hear it’s such a hassle in terms of getting the pain medication you need administered. I had a family member who was on morphine for a while and it was always a huge deal to get the pharmacy to approve it, the doctor had to call them every time to verify it was a legit prescription (even though they already had it on record!) and even then sometimes they wouldn’t fill it and it took all sorts of calls to get it worked out. I’m sorry you’re having to deal with this messed up system in addition to having to deal with the pain of your condition.

I hope you’re feeling up to catching some of the DNC this week. It should be interesting!

1 Like

Aw, thank you! I promise you that I will never see you as nagging and I appreciate that you noticed I was gone. I honestly didn’t want to bother or worry anyone and didn’t think anyone would notice my absence. I have social anxiety, too, even online, so don’t feel alone. Honestly, your kind words mean the world. Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Hey eclecticmisc , thanks for the kind words . I’m doing okay but the block is worn off by now. I don’t think I’ll do the phone bank , I can’t sit or stand that length of time. I found out my pain nurse can’t administer morphine coming to my apartment anymore. This arrangement worked for years. Now the government wants to change things for the worse. Sometimes I think I can’t win. By the way, I called the Democratic leadership [all four ] to allow a Palestinian speaker at the DNC tonight. All this inclusion talk has to work for them as well as the Israelis. A lot of people are waiting to see how the ticket is going to respond to events in Gaza. It’s clear to me that Israel wants annihilation of all Palestinians {MUSLIMS} and using Hamas as a pretext. Biden’s hands are bloody too. I hope you are well and we will talk soon. Jack

3 Likes

We have to change the time for the town hall tomorrow to 5pm ET/2pm PT. And, there will not be a town hall next week. Sorry for the late notice!!!

2 Likes

Would you please put a link to register for the meeting? I never got an email and haven’t been for a while, and I can’t find one in the discussions. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

The next town hall is Wed Sept 18 at 5:30pm PT. Meeting Registration - Zoom

2 Likes

Thank you, @karaeastman! :heart:

LOL, I think I just registered twice! :joy::woman_facepalming::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Hey Kara , just to let you know, there’s a hurricane coming to my area, so hopefully I will be there at the next town hall. Wish me luck , Jack

1 Like

Oh no, stay safe, and be sure to keep us posted! :heart:

If you register twice it sends you to Alex jones fanclub zoom meeting lol.
Hope your doing good
Quick question been busy w kiddos
Is there any template or info on common corner ideas we were discussing I know mikail was doing some stuff
Thanks
See ya Sept 18th.
Go blue and go operation hope

1 Like

Even though I am still limited bith vy pain and mobility, I am going to tey to make this meeting. As it is, I was in too much agony to make a very important Debt Collective meeting to record my op-ed pilemic for our next DC event for the 50 over 50 segment of the Student Loan branch of the collective.

It sucks being injured.

1 Like