What's the weirdest (and therefore coolest) thing about you?

:rofl: True - that is very weird.

1 Like

Whoooooaaa I cannot imagine feeling like that all time. I’m impressed at your determination. If I felt exhausted enough to fall asleep leaning against an oven I’d be a mess. You ARE a Mother Effin Woman Dragon. :dragon_face:

2 Likes

Thank you.

Especially because nobody else does :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My mom was on some birth control when she had me n then tried to abort me once she knew she was pregnant. Ain’t that wild?!

Once she decided to have me, she never stopped loving me.
I might be biased but I’m kinda glad she went to a mickey mouse doctor.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are one strong, determined human. Your mom is a lucky woman.

3 Likes

As for a little about myself, self recommendation, no praise just to add, but prior to the pandemic I used to be an assistant in maxillary and facial surgeries offices, roughly 7 years. This job did expose me to a lot in a sense of having to identify with patients as individuals and make them comfortable or understand specific circumstances. This entails honesty, genuine care and concern for people as individual.It allowed me to meet people from all different types of walks in life and learn how to respond to each individual with what they needed at the time. I’d like to think of myself as one who has hospitality, humanity, and some sort of intellect. I have always been someone who wants to contribute in a helpful manner and I still continue today by listening to others and having an open line of communication. I just try to improve from others that have something to contribute and to find an outlet that has a progressive mindset, why not contribute/utilize if I have something to offer. I’ve joined tyt army as a volunteer and am included in multiple different task forces and have been wanting to continue to advocate more. I feel you guys can help me do so at the Young Turks. It’s difficult to convey a message in today’s atmosphere, I think we all have trouble with it from an ideological standpoint, but the problem is finding a platform to do so. I 've been feeling as if words spoken without intent have no meaning, aka if a tree falls in the forest with no one around will it make a noise? People have a lot of reasons to make noise at the moment and nowhere for it to be heard to the full extent especially if they have the intent to contribute in a major way, I know it’s a work in progress, but I’d like to join the cause of this network. I am already involved with tytarmy and constantly watching, liking, commenting, vetting and offering ideas to help contribute at my current level, but I feel it’s being wasted. Additionally, although funds are low, I still donate a decent amount because I believe in the network’s genuity, which most of humanity seems to be lacking . I am reaching out to contribute to actually make change, I’m tired of normality and I like to share my ideas where they’ll be heard. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Well said, Drew, and we love having your help with the TYT Army! It really is challenging to find a productive place to collaborate with others and not get drenched in the toxicity. We are working to create that space for our TYT Community and I’m so glad you’re here to be part of helping us do that.

3 Likes

I truly appreciate that madam, as clique as it sounds, we all need reaffirmation on occasion. It helps to provoke creativity in thought from a specific individual’s aspect, ultimately allowing that person to grow, but also instilling that you won’t be judged or dismissed because the audience doesn’t have the patience enough to decipher your words, it’s not that they don’t care, we all are busy with our own life which is definitely understandable. I’m grateful that they’re people willing to give chance for patience. In a general sense, being short and concise is the goal, but often leads to the other party feeling as if your standpoint is right over them, which leads to emotional responses and we all know where that leads us lol, we’re all human. In all actuality we are just trying present our perspective, the issue is having the writer being concise in explanations, but also the level of patience of the reader willing to decipher and grasp the fundamental message and not prematurely dismiss a response. Difficulty lays with a practice of moderation on both sides

3 Likes

I taught all three of my sons (at a very young age) to come when I whistle, because it means I need them with me NOW. I whistle with thumb and middle finger making an “O” and placing “O” on tip of tongue, VERY LOUD. It has come in handy many times (one son was lost at a water park, another in a mall), they always came. Twice it saved me from harm. When i was pregnant with my youngest, someone attempted to mug me. I was near home and whistled. My two boys came running, one with a clothes iron he grabbed on the way out the door. I was so proud, and the mugger got away with none of my stuff. To this day (my youngest is 27), all three of my sons come running when they hear me whistle. That’s my coolest talent. Also, I am a bit of a precog occasionally.

5 Likes

My high school friends and I used to have our own whistle communication system where whoever started it (in a specific tone), another would respond in a specific response tone. This helped us to find one another in crowded spaces. I always had to stay with others since I can’t whistle to save my life (literally it seems according to your cool story!).

3 Likes

I did think of something even weirder… All my life, I’ve never really had friends. One or two people would stay in touch for a few years, then alone again. (probably my fault) Now, at the age of 57, I have found a wonderful GROUP of people that I hold very dear. I would do anything for them, anything I could do. The thing is I don’t know where they live or even what their true names are. I am so weird. TDR and TYT have given me a cadre of people that I care so much about, and they are almost make believe! Yet, if one asked, I would be by their side in a heartbeat, no matter how far away. Now that is weird, even for me

7 Likes

I love that our community is truly helped people to build community. Having reliable, caring people in our lives is proven to be paramount to our health and happiness. This means that YOU are helping to bring that to others’ lives as much as they are yours. Isn’t that beautiful!

3 Likes

Lol my dad has a signature whistle to this day if I here I look over my shoulder, I was always an explorer so he needed signals to find me if I got lost lol

2 Likes

As far as what people have reacted to, I have hyperhidrosis, which is a genetic, uncurable, disease that causes extreme excessive sweating. I don’t want to and shouldn’t need to elaborate further on the kinds of problems this causes for a teenager in highschool, or anyone in life for that matter. Something I personaly feel is the coolest thing about myself is my fascination and obsession with World War Two, and similar/related areas of history, but especially WW2.

3 Likes

Well my man, seems like you a great intro and outro perspectives on societal views, hope your well, I know you must had crazy circumstances you’ve come across, much less everyone else.

The weirdest thing (although there are more things about me that could be thought as weird), and I am serious about this, it is the fact that I have a favorite webpage and even weirder the fact that I rarely visit that web page: Impacts - TYT.com

You read that right: I don’t even visit my favorite web page, but it is, by far, my favorite. How could that be? Well, it is easy to understand once you realize that I love that it exists. It is a representation or evidence that TYT is more than a just another show (impacts is not the only evidence of this, but hey: I am just talking about my favorite web page), they try and succeed in bringing positive change to the world.

As you may have already noticed by my username @fourthwall_dragon, and as set on record at the Official Dragon Scroll, I have an inclination for the things occurring in the real world, I do my statistical analyses without ever forgetting that what I observe (data-wise) is an attempt of describing what occurs in the real world… or the fourth wall, if you may.

So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that my favorite web page is one that portrays positive change in the real world. But that just covers the weirdest: I don’t visit my favorite web page, but I think I have cleared why that isn’t as weird after all… But, is it the coolest thing about me? It certainly qualifies as one of them. But, why? easy! as I previously mentioned, I highly regard the reality we inhabit and share. So, what makes it cool is that by supporting TYT, either by direct $ contribution or if this takes the form of insights: Why TYT should scape the ad revenue model - an exponential trap (TYT seems already aware as they are aiming at membership as revenue stream… I wish they did this in a more sophisticated and effective manner), engaging with the community in any of the chats, or any other way we can get to be ab active participant for what ends up being shown at my favorite web page: Impacts - TYT.com, as a part of this impactful community and by extension, being part of history.

And

there is plenty of room for improvement so that even more impact could be made, for a better SEO and take more advantage of recommendation algorithms for the website

, just to name one instance… I will be coming back with more, since as I mentioned before,

but I will soon be sharing a lot that can help TYT be more impactful than it already is: There is A LOT of untapped potential that seems to go over TYT’s middle management head.

Well, I have aphantasia, so that’s kinda weird :turtle:

1 Like

I bow down to you! (And would love to hear some stories!) I live in Minnesota, too, so hey neighbor. :smiling_face:

Oh, I bet there’s a lot to unpack there! :joy: