Poll Watch

I would advise not to take this polling too seriously until the DNC is over. I have a feeling repubs are just biding their time for her to be confirmed before they start using all the donor money in attack ds against her. Until now I haven’t seen anything except the very obvious and widely known stuff being circulated in a few ads. And we know they have more material which they arent using. Its good to be optimistic, but we have to be cautious. They haven’t really started campaigning against her yet.

Also., harris should debate trump. Running from it is just not a good look. All she has to do is poke him in a few wrong ;aces and he will run his mouth like at that journalist invention thing. She has got to get a bit more aggressive if she is planning to win.

1 Like

Yeah; mentioned that in this post above…

Conservative Rasmussen Polls still hasn’t updated their numbers since Harris’ entry. I guess that’s one way to have Stupid Hitler do well in the polls!

I am still waiting for the Astroturf mega-advertising, funded by Big Oil, to drop after the Convention. That will dent Harris’ numbers…

He makes the case that it was a really stupid idea for Dems to de-ballot RFK. If you’re out there, you’re more likely to be a Trump voter than a Dem one; and thus RFK was only serving to draw off more votes from Trump…

Texas has long been egregiously gerrymandered, to suppress the Chicano vote. No hope of them ever going Blue until the Courts were to get into the act and stop their gerrymandering. But this could indicate a positive downballot effect for Congressional races there…

And I want to point out that I still see no big spend YET by Big Oil on Repub advertising. It’s a tepid jobs market and monopolized housing and food production vs. Reproductive Rights and losing a rule of law (though I strongly doubt most voters get the rule of law issue; “hey, we lived through a term of his once before…”)

I guess at this point we don’t need a poll on the Turks Show as to whether we think Walz would be a better president than Harris. [But I get it; we have to go along with a poor choice because the Dems were afraid of any dissent and the Repubs will clearly enable a dictator…]

BBC:

1 Like

Still watching the interview, but this interview reminds me of why she failed in 2020! Her non responsive answers or ignoring the point of the question is driving me crazy. Fracking, Gaza, Biden’s health… ugh

1 Like

I’m not resting easy until I see a good lead by October 1st; we STILL haven’t seen saturation Astroturf advertising by Big Oil yet. If they don’t move by October 1st, that would be taking a lot of chances with them losing it; it would say they don’t think he has a chance, it would be a waste of money.

But I’m expecting a lot more of it in a few days…

1 Like
1 Like

ABC: Harris support rises among some likely voters: POLL

Still close; I don’t think we’ll see a shift until the Walz-Vance Debate (on October 1st…)