The New Candidates

At least Governor Walz is being an active Harris supporter this weekend (events, interviews, social media updates). In contrast, the passivity/silence from Senator Kelly is stunning.

1 Like

LOL, thank you, I’ll take that! :blush:

Kelly and Gabby are not exactly silent.

$$$ plus I read in some article one of Kelly’s top staffers or aides is now on loan for the Harris campaign. Trying to find where I read that.

1 Like

CENK

1 Like

Pete is a target rich environment right now with East Palestine train wreck, Baltimore bridge collapse, Boeing whistleblower dying under the watch of FAA. So nope. Plus i still remember the wine cave picture from last primary. If the idea is to appeal to the working class of rust belt, then Pete is a horrible idea. He reeks elitist probably only rivalled by Vivek.

Waltz seems ok.I still have to do some research on him. And while we might wanna call people racist for not voting for a hrris -Crockett ticket, that is sadly not going to win elections.

2 Likes

I dont know. I think it is smart to work behind the scenes and not become a media target unless she picks him;. Just because he isn’t on TV doesn’t mean he doesn’t want the job.

Polymarket odds mean nothing with regards to Vp right now. That just shows who the corporations prefer.

1 Like

Originally this was supposed to be about who we wanted for president when Biden ouster was going on after the debate. Our dream ticket. Then it became the most realistic ticket. The Harris was coronated and now it has become best VP pick. though some people are hyperfixated on just p[pushing shapiro (forwardmoving) despite not explaining the electoral math of it.

1 Like

This was a Harris Campaign “Weekend of Action”

1. There is no evidence Kelly was “working behind the scenes”, just like there is no evidence he was not. That statement is just wishful conjecture, and cannot be proven or disproven with public information.

2. If there was public evidence Kelly was “working behind the scenes” then how would that align with the goals of “Weekend of Action”? Privately maneuvering to get the VP job is a lot more self-serving than publicly helping the ticket activate volunteers.

3. Even if Kelly didn’t want to go on tv, he couldn’t knock on a few doors, couldn’t make some phone calls, couldn’t show up at a local campaign office, couldn’t speak at a rally, couldn’t post a pro-Harris video to social media, couldn’t do anything to activate/persuade voters??

4. Given the focus of this weekend was action, releasing a bland ‘statement for a future donation’ (see post #384) is as milquetoast as only bringing napkins to a potluck dinner.

Dude, read the comment, I never said he WAS. I just think it is smart of someone does that. Shapiro is the WRONG choice - no matter whether you apply your electoral math or judicial math.

If you don’t understand staying out of the sight of media until you actually get nominated, then I don’t think you understand politics. And working behind the scenes means many things. Not necessarily working FOR Kamala. I said it doesn’t me he doesn’t want the job. maybe he doesn’t want it with Kamala. Guess you are in the habit of losing forest for the trees eh? rremind me, has he endorsed her yet? Or we are still only stuck with his wife’s endorsement? maybe he is working for something else. While playing nice with her.

A few bags in Kelly’s past closet…

1. a court-approved TRO from the ex-wife in 2004
  2. a 2010 petition to imprison his ex-wife regarding child custody
  3. an innuendo regarding overlap between his 1st marriage (divorced in 2004) and his introduction to Gabby Giffords (2003).

I’m sure Republicans will spin this info to take the shine off his “All-American astronaut/fighter pilot” image.

Each reader can interpret this October-2020 article and the downloadable temporary restraining order.

1 Like

It sounds like it was contentious at the time. But we do not know the full story. I once clerked for a judge who said divorces can be more dangerous than criminal court because there are so many emotions

I am sure he will be fully vetted again and even more scrutiny this round.

2 Likes

Watching Cenk and Anna tonight. I think they are over selling Tim Walz as a progressive. They showed the clip of Walz interviewed by CNN Jake Tapper who acknowledged while his Gov record may look progressive his Congressional record was more Moderate!! Cenk and Anna pass right over his moderate Congressional record for hints of who Tim Walz is.

He was a Hillary superdelegate. NOT a Bernie superdelegate.

It looks like he also supported the TPP, but not totally clear. see quote at the end of this article: Road to free trade agreement vote just keeps getting longer

Where is he on our own tarsands pipeline???

It appears he was willing to allow the legal case to continue but wouldn’t shut down Enbridge.

compare to the fight against another section of the enbridge pipeline in Michigan

And just in case you do not think our Enbridge tar sands pipelines are a big deal, ask residents near the Kalamazoo River in Michigan…

https://www.sierraclub.org/michigan/kalamazoo-river-disaster

Tim Walz’s record looks middle of road per govtrack.us

Lets not oversell him as a progressive. Kamala is not picking a real progressive.

1 Like

1 Like

Ideology wise Kelly sits in the middle just like Walz

1 Like

Fair question and good points.

1 Like

Something to remember is that the MOST Progressive Politician in DC right now is Bernie Sanders and he is Center Left. There are NO Left or Far Left Politicians there. The MSM are calling Kamala Harris a “Progressive” when she is actually a Center Right Corp-Dem.

Now when you look at the top perspective VP’s for here to choose, Tim Walz is probably the most left of all of them that are still in the running. The next is probably Andy Beshear from here in KY but he is even more to the right than Walz is. Beshear could NEVER have gotten the Dem nomination for governor here in KY if he was really on the Left.

For me right now, I think that Walz is the best VP choice to help the Harris campaign win in November. He will help bring in some votes that may be leaning toward Trump or just “undecided”

2 Likes

Having been a Marriage and Family Therapist, who is now retired, I can certainly attest to that. I used to educate couples that there is really no such thing as Divorce when you have children together, because you are still going to be very much involved in the lives of one another for as long as the two of you are alive. The other issue is that you certainly can’t underestimate the financial impact of going from supporting one household down to two. This, of course, is under the best of circumstances and does not include various forms of abuse and even the unwise decision to bring in a third party into the situation, such as having an affair. When intense emotions enter the fray, all efforts to reasonably problem solve are usually replaced by stormy seas known as “The Karpman Drama Triangle.”

1 Like

This whole gun control issue, though painfully needed in Society today, is such a tricky political issue when one is looking for cross over and neutral votes. Oh, my, way too many Americans don’t like to be told what to do or have the sense that someone is taking away their freedoms. That said, it is strange to me that Republicans still feel safe to promote the whole abortion ban thing. I think that Trump was smart to say that the States should decide this issue, but I am sure he lost some major support for saying that. Of course, when you get involved with extremists, like he has done, it doesn’t take much to both alienate them and make them feel betrayed.

1 Like

Totally agree. What is Centrist in nature is what has been labeled as being on the Left by both the Media and the two Major Parties. We can’t even have a serious conversation nationally about the idea that while Capitalism in a Democratic system can exist, Democracy within a Capitalist Society cannot.

1 Like